VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dic 2015 Increase Notice From Va

georgiapapa

Question

I keep checking my mother's mail looking for her notice from the VA showing her new basic monthly rate for 2015. Have any of you DIC recipients on Hadit received your notification letters?

Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If SSA turns you down hire a lawyer. The system feeds on the lawyer/judge relationship. I retired on FERS, so I get my SSD. For years my FERS was offset by my SSD. My FERS retirement is so small it is a joke for 30 years of creditable service. When my wife gets medicare FHEB will go out the window since the family plan cost us about 35% of my annuity before taxes. Why did I bother working? If I had been smart I probably could have collected 100% in my 20's, but I wanted a chance at the American Dream. This was before I realized that money was the only thing that really mattered in the good old USA. It does not matter how you get it as long as you got it. My father was in WWII. My mother got $10,000 when he died leaving three small children. If not for SSA we would have starved. I think the VA did give her something because at the time there was no welfare, medicade or food stamps and we had no medical or dental care. I don't know how we survived except she was a child of the depression and was used to being poor. My mother could squeeze a nickel until the buffalo shat. Now all three of us kids find it almost impossible to spend money even when we have it. My brother has a million bucks and lives in a shack and drives a 20 year old crate. He can't spend the money. He is afraid something will happen.

John