VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Find Lost C And P Exam

Rate this question

sdvet33

Question

Hello,

Have a claim that was started Mar 2012. My C and P exam was in September of 2013 in Los Angeles at a contracted facility. In December of 2013 i received my decision which was a denial of benefits because they say i refused to go to the C and P exam. The thing is i went to the exam they just lost it. I haven't been contacted once about it by the v.a. I filed the NOD in Dec and they lost that. They have one on record for March of 2014, which was the third one i sent in. I live in San DIego and can't figure out anything at the V.A because i worked there for a few months on Work study. I'm just wondering how the hell can i get a copy of that C and P exam or how can i figure out if they even found it. It's been over a year since my decision and they still have acknowledged whether they found it or anything. I even send them a document giving them the address of the facility i did the C and P at.

I just want to see my exam results.

Anyone got any advice.

Thank you Tbird but i just got into the VASH Veterans Affairs SUpportive Housing program about a month ago. So i should be good on housing now, after 3 years.

Update: After contacting Allison Hickey by email she replied within 2 days. It took another 2 days and i was receiving a personal phone call from Robert Mckenrick the Director of the Los Angeles RO. I had a Convo with him and his staff and they said i would have a decision within a few days. I'm still worried though because i think many of my medical records and evidence are still missing, but it's a great start. I appreciate all the help i've gotten on here. I've had more progress in the last 2 weeks since i joined this website than i have had in the Last 2 1/2 years dealing with my claim. I was on the verge of giving up and just going to the streets before finding this website.

So after speaking with The director of the L.A RO today on the phone the status of my claim went from "appeal pending" to this:

• Current Progress: Decision & Claims File Dispatch
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

I'm really worried about it right now. This means that a decision has been made right. Does anyone want to speculate on whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I know when i was speaking to the director i told them that theyre missing a lot of my medical records and he told me that they would make an effort to collect any records they have, but they could make a decision in absence of records. It looks like they pushed my appeal from pending all the way through the process in a matter of hours. I'm worried this might not be a good thing. i just don't know.

sdvet33,

Just curious, when you talked with Robert McKenrick, did you ask for his assistance in finding a copy of your September 2013 C & P exam at the contract facility in Los Angeles? Mr. McKenrick would have a list of their contract facilities and he has the resources to track down a copy of the exam directly from the contract facility. I would think the contract facility keeps copies of exams in case of audits by the federal government to verify billed services were provided. Even if VA policy prohibits contract facilities from maintaining copies of the exams, they would have some type of documentation to verify your presence at their facility for the C & P exam so they could receive payment from the VA for the exam.

Please keep us posted.

Georgiapapa

• HadIt.com Elder

if your C&P exam was lost? and they sent your c-file back to your VAMC

I am not sure but it would seem they are going to have you do another C&P...maybe not ??

but I always thought the VA kept the C-File at your RO?