VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Remand Exam With Previous Examiner Question

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

I am in the middle of a Remand, So the BVA, wants another C&P Exam, with a explanation from the examiner stating why (IN DETAILS), he believed that it is less likely that my upper back and neck conditions are service related (When 3 other VA Physicians wrote in my medical notes that the back and upper neck conditions were service related) I am service connected for lumbar issues already, but trying to get upper back and neck service disability.

But the problem is I received a letter in the mail a few days ago stating I have a C&P Examination in regards to the Remand decision, but the examination is with the exact same physician I had previously. Is that normal to have the exact same physician who previously examined me? Wouldn't this examiner already have his formed opinion of me even before I walk into the examination?? Or Should I request or bring this to the attention of the AMC Remand Board ?

My appointment is January 13, so all opinions and advice would be appreciated

Actually I would call them up as well:

This is the main BVA phone number:

1- 202- 565- 5436

Also this is the email for the BVA ombudsman:

bva.ombudsman@va.gov

• HadIt.com Elder

RYGUY

You have got some great advise and information here from Ms Berta...please use it!

When i look the physician up online, he is a general surgeon and internal medicine physician ( his speciality is thoracic surgery) I have the VFW as my representative. I will handle this asap on Monday. Thanks so much Ms. Berta and Buck.

Edited by Ryguy

Also with the bva ombudsman, would they intercept my c and p examination since this isnt what they are actually requesting, and is it too late to ask for this condition to be aggravated or secondary to the lumbar issues, im service.connected with also

Edited by Ryguy