VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can I Receive Treatment Outside Of Va?

Rate this question

SSG Ramos

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have your own insurance or medicare you can get outside treatment. If you live more than 40 miles from VA you can ask for outside. Not many Docs will put up with VA.

Not many Docs will put up with VA.

No only Vets that don't have any other choice put up with the VA. I feel the same way and am trying to figure out how the VA will do my exams for my remand issues considering I'm not going to let any Dr. look at me or step foot on the property in order for them to do anything else to make my life misirable

• HadIt.com Elder

Can I receive treatment outside of VA? I am rated 100% permanent and total, but my wife is in the caregiver program. I want better service, even if I have to pay for them. Thanks in advanced.

I use my Medicare and my Medicare supplement, for most of my treatment, as I prefer that I continue to "live" a while longer. I do get most of my routine meds from the VA, tho.

pr

Totally agree with PR. I feel fortunate that I have good insurance and medicare and can use private providers for all of my medical conditions. I really feel bad for vets without medicare or insurance and have to use VA for life threatening conditions. Veterans have been promised the "best healthcare available" and the only way to keep that promise is to give veterans full access to private healthcare providers of their choice. Veterans deserve no less. JMO