VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Help!

Rate this question

Bound4heaven

Question

Greetings,

I need some advice in regards to a veteran I continue to help. He had 2 C&P exams last month. I have gotten copies of his last C&P an EMG that was negitive for "Median Nerve damage", the other C&P was for righ arm issues, lunbar strain as it relates to his flat feet (He has been given 100% for his feet Loss of use)with ROM tests. I watched his ROM tests for his back and it appearded he didn't even get 5 degrees in any direction because of the pain in his lower back. His x-ray reports says he has moderate degerative disc, and bone disease,

The C&P examiner tried to encourage him to get out of the house as much as possible so he can live a little instead of being housebound.

I have tried to get copies of this C&P exam. It is over 3 weeks ago and have asked 4 times at the medical release by mail requesting it under (FOIA) and we have received nothing from the VAMC. I contcated the C&P office they said the doctors have 24 hrs in order to finish the C&P reports and submit it.

Also He will attending a IME from a local doctor who knows nothing about the VA termology. Can anyone give me what to submit to this doctor to make sure he uses VA termology?, because I know with out it the IME will be of little or no use.

Can anyone help me with these questions and their ipinion on what to expect from the results from the C&P exam in question? The vet is 74 years old. Thank you all and God bless you.

Bound4Heaven

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Bound, make sure this IMO MD has a good history. That is the first tree the RO tries to chop down. what you also need is the following statement by the Doctor:.

In my opinion:

The Patients or Veterans condition is.

At least as likely as not related to an incident in service 50 percent

Is likely as not related 75 percent

is related 100 percent

is less likely than not relateed 49 percent or less

is likely not related. 0 chance

If he terms this way, This is what the VA is looking for.

Aslo, It may be helpful to print off the disability exam sheet from the VA website for the C@P examination as a guide for the Doc to follow. Explain to the Doc that You are dealing with the VA and this is their criteria for the examination.

Edited by jstacy