VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this topic

Scout Swimmer

Last August I talked to a legal firm who made me a lot of promises. I was at 90% and they informed me they would represent me and I'd be able to easily get 100%.

It sounded good so I went along. They filed increases for everyone of my claims. I took the C&Ps only a couple of months later. I thought this was a pretty aggressive move because it put me in a position where I could easily be reduced, but they were attorneys and I assumed they knew what they were doing.

I was denied on everything and was set up for a new reduction hearing for November 01, 2016. "No biggy", I thought to myself.

I then spent the next couple of weeks trying to contact my case manager at the firm but she was never in and I wasn't being called back. By this time I was a little worried. I finally got fed up and gave the receptionist a false name, saying I was interested in talking to an attorney. I got through. I demanded a reason for her office not calling me back. Her only response was "At this time we feel like your claim is not winnable so we cannot represent you", and hung up before I could even speak.

I was livid. I couldn't believe my ears. I felt betrayed and defeated, then I came here. I started reading thread after thread after tread. Talking, asking questions, basically picking the brains of the people who have fought these battles and won. My feelings of defeat transformed into something else. If I could describe it I suppose obsessive determination would be pretty close to it.

I filed 4 NODS written by myself from information found on this site. I won everyone of them without question. Now only two months later, I am 100% P&T.

Be your own advocate. Don't let people tell you that something is not winnable. Trust that their are good people in this world who can help you. Trust in hadit.com!

Edited by Philgrenier

Last August I talked to a legal firm who made me a lot of promises. I was at 90% and they informed me they would represent me and I'd be able to easily get 100%.

It sounded good so I went along. They filed increases for everyone of my claims. I took the C&Ps only a couple of months later. I thought this was a pretty aggressive move because it put me in a position where I could easily be reduced, but they were attorneys and I assumed they knew what they were doing.

I was denied on everything and was set up for a new reduction hearing for November 01, 2016. "No biggy", I thought to myself.

I then spent the next couple of weeks trying to contact my case manager at the firm but she was never in and I wasn't being called back. By this time I was a little worried. I finally got fed up and gave the receptionist a false name, saying I was interested in talking to an attorney. I got through. I demanded a reason for her office not calling me back. Her only response was "At this time we feel like your claim is not winnable so we cannot represent you", and hung up before I could even speak.

I was livid. I couldn't believe my ears. I felt betrayed and defeated, then I came here. I started reading thread after thread after tread. Talking, asking questions, basically picking the brains of the people who have fought these battles and won. My feelings of defeat transformed into something else. If I could describe it I suppose obsessive determination would be pretty close to it.

I filed 4 NODS written by myself from information found on this site. I won everyone of them without question. Now only two months later, I am 100% P&T.

Be your own advocate. Don't let people tell you that something is not winnable. Trust that their are good people in this world who can help you. Trust in hadit.com!

you have to be your own advocate. otherwise you would be screwed.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use