VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this topic

Scout Swimmer

Phil: Good for you! May I play Devils Advocate for a minute? Did you sign up with a VA Accredited Law Firm, giving a POA and Fee Agreement? If they are your Rep of Record with the VA, I think they will get their 20% of your Retro. This will be very interesting to other Vets so please keep us informed.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Phil: Went back for review, you said you had telephone conversation with law firm and they gave you the bums rush. Anything in writing from them quitting or you firing them? Who was listed as your Representative on Award Letter?

Semper Fi

Gastone

The law firm was Woods and Woods, Veteran Attorneys. They initially filed a regular claim asking for increases on my prior contentions I was denied for back in 2009, and opened some original claims (IVDS with nerve damage and IBS).

4 months later I was denied on every contention. This is when Attorneys can legally represent you and be your POA. I called them right away and the case manager told me that the attorney deemed my contentions "not winnable" and informed me that they wouldn't represent me.

I won 3 months later after filing my NODS. I never signed any paperwork with them and they are not entitled to the 20% because they never became my POA. The DAV was still listed on my award letter too.

Edited by Philgrenier

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use