VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Should I Expect To Receive My Retroactive Pay

Rate this question

LILS

Question

Hi. I just received an increased percentage rate from 40% to 70% w/ spouse 1 child, due to a CUE claim. I am owed retroactive pay from Sep 2011-present. My questions are: What is the average time to receive this back pay & approx how much should I be expecting or how do I figure it out? I received a deposit for $88 from DFAS the other day, & the deposit comment says: RETSPCL. I have no idea what that means & why I'm getting a deposit. I read somewhere that military pay has to do an audit before the VA releases back pay. Could that deposit be something the military owed me from whatever audit they're supposed to be doing? I just received my very first 70% monthly retirement & VA checks this month & those were correct. I just want to know if I'll be waiting years for the back pay now. Thanks, gurus!

I received my retro pay from DFAS on Jan 21 & my VA retro just came from the VA today! VA only took 2 DAYSfrom receiving my DFAS retro! Between both of them, I received $61K! Thanks everyone for your help!

LILS,

Give yourself a well deserved break. Relax and enjoy. Just a suggestion, save some of your retro for IMOs you may need in the future. If you want to pay it forward and help other vets, consider a donation to the Hadit website.

Good luck,

Georgiapapa

I just checked the e benefits website and my rating went from 70% to 90%. This is great news, but I also filed a claim for TDIU. My claim is still open and went from Preparation of Notification to Review of Evidence. Does this mean that I still have a good chance of getting TDIU?

Yes you have a great chance of getting Unemployibilty hope they dont take 9 years like it did mine. Accounting was ordered by Washington to pay the total 9 years but they only paid 6 for which i filed a claim fir an audit i have yet to hear from. Good luck and God speed