VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Know What This Means?

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

ACE explained in part means:

"The initiative is called Acceptable Clinical Evidence (ACE). This initiative was developed by both the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) in a joint effort to provide a Veteran-centric approach for disability examinations. Use of the ACE process opens the possibility of doing assessments without an in-person examination when there is sufficient information in the record. "

and:

"If VA can complete a DBQ by reviewing medical records already on file, it will use the ACE process. This would then expedite the determination of disability ratings – in turn eliminating the wait time to schedule and conduct an exam from the claims process."

I dont get the "Pat" Part as I assume because it is via ACE, they dont mean the Pt did not report.

Perhaps they have not received a DBQ yet.

Then again why put this under "appointments". I thought VA was going to give your husband another C & P exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

Perhaps they need to do this. Be careful as anything newly implemented in a so called positive environment causes an equal opposite reaction.

So look for the VA to do the same thing they are doing for PTSD to other bodily functions to get rid of Vets getting IMO's.

The VA always has a forward reaching motive. Always have and always will.

Jbasser

ACE explained in part means:"The initiative is called Acceptable Clinical Evidence (ACE). This initiative was developed by both the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) and the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) in a joint effort to provide a Veteran-centric approach for disability examinations. Use of the ACE process opens the possibility of doing assessments without an in-person examination when there is sufficient information in the record. "and:"If VA can complete a DBQ by reviewing medical records already on file, it will use the ACE process. This would then expedite the determination of disability ratings in turn eliminating the wait time to schedule and conduct an exam from the claims process."I dont get the "Pat" Part as I assume because it is via ACE, they dont mean the Pt did not report.Perhaps they have not received a DBQ yet.Then again why put this under "appointments". I thought VA was going to give your husband another C & P exam.

He does have another C&P scheduled for this Friday for the PTSD claim.

I think they are also looking into the NOD on the kidney issues. This could involve that claim.

It also says scheduled/kept and has a phOne number out of Carroll County KY.

Edited by kate7772

Perhaps they are saying the patient was not available when the VA called at the scheduled time for the ACE exam.