VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Head Scars Not Awarded

Rate this question

fmfdoc

Question

Question I was given zero percent for a post appendectomy scar but not for the two scars on my head from a dermatology procedure. should i submit a claim for the head scars with an effective date of my intial award in 2007?

Whether you should file or not requires more information.

Was your dermatology procedure performed while you were in the military?

Did you file a claim for the dermatology scars in 2007?

Any rating would be determined by the exact location of the scars, size of scars, type of scars, are the scars disfiguring, etc.

Provide as much info as possible so Hadit members can help you.

Good info provided by toddt.

Whether you should file or not requires more information.

Was your dermatology procedure performed while you were in the military?.... It was performed on active duty

Did you file a claim for the dermatology scars in 2007? .. no i gave the rep my record and didn't even think about the head scars at the time. My focus was depression and back

Any rating would be determined by the exact location of the scars, size of scars, type of scars, are the scars disfiguring, etc. I have some hair loss due to the scars

Provide as much info as possible so Hadit members can help you.

What are your head scars secondary to? If they are secondary to a service connected condition and meet the criteria then go ahead and file.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/bookc.asp#o Look under "The S

Im not sure if they are connected to anything. is this a case of secondary to my appendectomy scar or a new claim? I'm not sure

Are you still experiencing the same skin condition which necessitated your surgery in the military? If so, you should file a claim for the skin condition and your scars if they meet the criteria in 38 USC 4.118 as cited by toddt. If your skin condition has healed, you can still file a claim for the scars provided the scars meet the criteria in 38 USC 4.118.