VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary Issues

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

Okay, I am having a brain fart moment. What is it called when you are awarded for a condition that is caused from another condition? Something like ED as a result of PTSD. And how is the rate figured on this?

Thanks

Kate

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Kate in Feb 2014 you posted here:

"He filed for disability for Membranous Glomerulonephritis /Stage 3 kidney disease, depression and tinnitus.

The kidney disease was diagnosed through his private kidney doctor and the tinnitus through VA.

The kidney disease we feel can be linked to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune."

There is some medical association between your husbnd's condition above and HBP:

http://www.kidneyabc.com/nephritis-treatment/2812.html

If the Camp Lejeune claim succeeds perhaps the private doctor you mentioned above would be able to provide an IMO for the association.

HBP is often difficult to get SC for as VA is quick to state it is " essential" meaning they dont know the cause or dont want to try to determmine the cause.

I have a HBP claim pending under 1151.

There is no time limit for filing 1151 issues.

My husband's HBP was called " essential" by VA for years but out of my past 1151/FTCA issues, the VA cardio doctor's documentation for the FTCA case deemed his HBP as caused by inappropriate medications from the VA. that compounded the HBP med he was on, which the cardio doc determined was a dosage way to low to have any affect, and also compromised by the wrong med for a condition he didn't even have.

The only evidence I sent in with this claim was a copy of the VA Cardio Doc's opinion. This could have been the cause of his 1151 stroke,which VA granted about 2 years ago.

(18 years after his death)

It is the medical nexus these guys are talking about (although an unusual type of nexus) to properly rate his HBP under 1151.

Secondarys arise from established SC disabilities. ( whether direct SC or "as if SC" under 1151.

Edited by Berta

Kate in Feb 2014 you posted here:

"He filed for disability for Membranous Glomerulonephritis /Stage 3 kidney disease, depression and tinnitus.

The kidney disease was diagnosed through his private kidney doctor and the tinnitus through VA.

The kidney disease we feel can be linked to the contaminated water at Camp Lejeune."

There is some medical association between your husbnd's condition above and HBP:

http://www.kidneyabc.com/nephritis-treatment/2812.html

If the Camp Lejeune claim succeeds perhaps the private doctor you mentioned above would be able to provide an IMO for the association.

HBP is often difficult to get SC for as VA is quick to state it is " essential" meaning they dont know the cause or dont want to try to determmine the cause.

I have a HBP claim pending under 1151.

There is no time limit for filing 1151 issues.

My husband's HBP was called " essential" by VA for years but out of my past 1151/FTCA issues, the VA cardio doctor's documentation for the FTCA case deemed his HBP as caused by inappropriate medications from the VA. that compounded the HBP med he was on, which the cardio doc determined was a dosage way to low to have any affect, and also compromised by the wrong med for a condition he didn't even have.

The only evidence I sent in with this claim was a copy of the VA Cardio Doc's opinion. This could have been the cause of his 1151 stroke,which VA granted about 2 years ago.

(18 years after his death)

It is the medical nexus these guys are talking about (although an unusual type of nexus) to properly rate his HBP under 1151.

Secondarys arise from established SC disabilities. ( whether direct SC or "as if SC" under 1151.

We are getting some positive things happening at the RO and they are scheduling him for a C&P to determine rating and residuals.