VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bertha

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

Bertha, I have been reading some appeals and it seems that quite a few vets

are applying for disability when they know it wont work. ie: heart failure while in

the military in 1952 etc, I would never try to get something that i wasnt entilied to.

This seems to be bottle necking the system, another example, applying to SC

due to AO, and never left the states or were station in germany, I dont under

stand all I know about VA. I would not of applied for prostate cancer if Va

had not approved its connections to VN. Why are people tring to beat the system.???

The rules are the rules. just my feelings, dont mean to hurt anyone, but it just seems

like they feel the Va owes them something that they aint entillied to ,,thanks for the

wonderful job your doing and may GOD bless//bigjim

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder
Bertha, I have been reading some appeals and it seems that quite a few vets

are applying for disability when they know it wont work. ie: heart failure while in

the military in 1952 etc, I would never try to get something that i wasnt entilied to.

This seems to be bottle necking the system, another example, applying to SC

due to AO, and never left the states or were station in germany, I dont under

stand all I know about VA. I would not of applied for prostate cancer if Va

had not approved its connections to VN. Why are people tring to beat the system.???

The rules are the rules. just my feelings, dont mean to hurt anyone, but it just seems

like they feel the Va owes them something that they aint entillied to ,,thanks for the

wonderful job your doing and may GOD bless//bigjim

Her name is Berta, not Bertha.

You say you've been reading "appeals" ... I'd like to see the appeal that describes "heart failure while in the military in 1952". By all accounts, if a military member had heart failure and continues to have heart problems to this day, then SC is warranted under Direct Service Connection. I don't see a problem with this case scenerio.

AO claims, well the 'rocket scientists' keep finding evidence of Agent Orange used and stored in more places that in-country.

I've yet to see a veteran log-on to Hadit, ask for help, and had our members support a fraudulent claim.

It's NOT our fault the VA is FUBAR and won't evolve with the needs of the veteran population.

My 2 cents. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank God its not up to me to Judge other Veterans claims. That said I agree with Wings about the system is FUBAR.

Fact is I see many older Vets throw some mud on the wall cause they are given false hope that they can provide for their families. I think the whole deal would work a lot better if the VA moved a lot faster.

Her name is Berta, not Bertha.

You say you've been reading "appeals" ... I'd like to see the appeal that describes "heart failure while in the military in 1952". By all accounts, if a military member had heart failure and continues to have heart problems to this day, then SC is warranted under Direct Service Connection. I don't see a problem with this case scenerio.

AO claims, well the 'rocket scientists' keep finding evidence of Agent Orange used and stored in more places that in-country.

I've yet to see a veteran log-on to Hadit, ask for help, and had our members support a fraudulent claim.

It's NOT our fault the VA is FUBAR and won't evolve with the needs of the veteran population.

My 2 cents. ~Wings

I do agree there are some claims that shouldn`t be filed and of course has helped maybe overload the work load. As for the AO presumed list of cancers caused by the dioxin, its a damn joke....bigtime!!! My tonsil cancer and many others that were sprayed and are dead or dying with cancers of tonsils, esophagus etc. should have been covered if lungs and other respiratory cancers are. Dioxines sure didn`t go thru our noses and mouths and say lets leave the throat alone and only grow on a tumor on his lung. By the way most of us that have throat/lymphnode cancer will most likely have it later in the liver, brain or lung. And of course even if it comes back in the lung we aren`t covered because it didn`t start there. Tell me the RUL isn`t F_ _ _ _ _ _ up.

Cavman

Cavman -I have been reading BVA claims for years and have only found 2 or 3 that didn't seem to have any merit.

In my personal life however-I have wasted lots of time on some real phony baloney claims.Some from vets , some from widows. These are usual referrals from people in the boonies who think I used to work for the local VA.

I have learned to be very careful of doing that.If they are unwilling to go to my POA right at the local VAMC to file the formal claim, even if I offer to help them get their SMRs etc, I get leary of them.

Last year a postmaster started to tell me quite a story about her husband's disabilities and how he had been injured in service. She saw I had been sending a lot of mail to the VA so she asked me what he should do to get service connected.She said he got SSA for the service injuries. (it sounded like a very good TDIU claim)

She called me many times with the same story but I asked for the vet to call me.I was going to refer him to my POA and would have helped with this claim.

He had served for only 3-4 weeks and was found unfit for duty.In spite of that info I asked what injuries he had received in service and he said none- his disabilities were related to an on the job injury many years after service. No potential SC there.

I had a widow who claimed her husband died due to Agent Orange from Vietnam and he also received the Purple Heart from wounds in Nam.

He was never in Vietnam nor anywhere else that had been sprayed.He had never received the PH.

His death was not due to anything presumptive and he had a Dishonorable Discharge.In spite of all that- there was still no way to possibly service connect his death.She had filed the same claim with many vet orgs.

There are people out there who try to get something for nothing-

I dont see them at hadit because I think we are way too smart for it and would quickly pick up on something bogus.

I mentioned a case at the BVA here some time ago that still bothers me.

Vietnam vet , who claimed PTSD.

The BVA found no current diagnosis (or any diagnosis at all in the past) of PTSD and denied the claim.

Although it seemed apparent that the veteran had stressors-without a current diagnosis VA will not award a claim.

That makes sense but still- I wonder if the veteran simply did not know that he needed a diagnosis.

Maybe he was in extensive vet center group sessions and yet was never advised to go to the VA for medical help.I cannot figure out how his claim got all the way to the BVA without any C & P -or why his POA did not advise him he would need the current PTSD diagnosis.