VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Vamc S Use Outside Services To Do Thier Medical Codes?

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

What a clever system, Patient comes in to see doctor, Patient has hole in his head/ Doctor writes notes, patient complains of headache, and has small contusion on his head. Patient said something abt setting off metal detectors due to fragment still in his head. Advise patient to inform security before going thru metal detection and prescribed motrin. Veteran tells doc about the shrapnel recieved from getting blown out of his hummer by the enemy. headaches, nightmares, ect

Ok next, the Code talkers come into play, and im not talking about the native americans.

Code writers list patient as having " head pain" :[now keep in mind who is paying them)

Patient files compensation claim, and gets screwed because they didnt use the proper codes

Doc is out of loop because he or she didnt set the code, they only listed the symptoms.

Veteran is also denied additional healthcare procedures and treatments because " they dont meet the criteria" because they got the wrong diagnostic code/.

Patient files 1151 claim against Va for malpractice, VA denys negligence because they " didnt write the codes" they contracted it out.

Ids this how it all works?

Edited by 63SIERRA

but it aint over, veteran goes file for SS and gets his Medical records from VA. . Judge gives veteran a strange look and says, sir, I just dont understand why you think are disabled, theres really nothing in your file that makes me think you cant work. I dont see any CT scan, MRI, ect?? I dont see any rehabilitation therapy, and no meds other than a few Motrin.

Your Honor, I have blurred vision, bad migrane headaches, memory loss,sleep disturbance, nightmares and cold sweats.. Judge sends denial letter, suggesting that what veteran claims is wrong, and what is in his medical record dont jive. Basically insinuating vet is lying. DENIED

AND THEY WONDER WHY 22 VETS KILL THEMSELVES EVERYDAY!!!!!

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth!.....crying shame

In my opinion, the minimalization of the veterans illnesses and injuries, and the generic, often innacurate diagnostic codes assigned to the veterans illnesses and injuries, sets in motion a path to inadequate care, denial of compensation, a worsening of ilness and injury , due to denial of treatments and improper tracking of the veterans maladies, and many years of misery and despair.

Edited by 63SIERRA

Another thought, maybe the reason the VAMC tries to keep vets from going outside the system, is they know that the private companies are going to have issues with thier billing procedures. Billing also uses codes, So if the private hospital or clinic has to treat for a major code and the patient has had chronic major problems that arent being acknowledged I would think it would put them in a dillema,.

• HadIt.com Elder

Just another way the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) screws the veteran. It's like the military contracting out for food services, transportation (trucking), etc.. I have a good friend who hauls tanks, HumVees, etc., periodically. It's really ridiculous! They find they can do this stuff w/o effecting their budget(s). Don't even get me started!!! ;-)

pr