VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange May Have Affected Air Force Workers After Vietnam

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

THANKS RUReady !!!! GOOD important info!

Colonel Cedusky sent out this link as well

http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2015/Post-Vietnam-Dioxin-Exposure-in-Agent-Orange-Contaminated-C-123-Aircraft.aspx?utm_source=IOM+Email+List&utm_campaign=8aeb5ffb1f-1_9_15_New_Report_Agent_Orange_C_123_Aircraft

We have topics and discussion here under a search as to the C 123s and Wes Carter

THANKS RUReady !!!! GOOD important info!

Colonel Cedusky sent out this link as well

http://www.iom.edu/Reports/2015/Post-Vietnam-Dioxin-Exposure-in-Agent-Orange-Contaminated-C-123-Aircraft.aspx?utm_source=IOM+Email+List&utm_campaign=8aeb5ffb1f-1_9_15_New_Report_Agent_Orange_C_123_Aircraft

We have topics and discussion here under a search as to the C 123s and Wes Carter

I just wonder is this the only way to be contaminated because I was a medic got all the signs

from AO but was not in VN but handle equipment from VN could I been expose to it??? I Think so

but cant prove it,, signs of heart disease at 18 years old just didn't add up to me now I maybe see

why

Edited by RUREADY

• HadIt.com Elder

I think this means there trying to get it (AO) service connected without being in Vietnam, which will opens up some doors for a lot of veterans which it should!

It maybe hard to prove your disability but if its on the AO list and this gets approved it won't be

• HadIt.com Elder

Dioxin and sailors - - - Many of the sailors sent to the far east via the Treasure Island Navy Base were sent through the fire fighting school at the same location.

Treasure Island was declared to be an EPA "Superfund Site", requiring large scale cleanup after it closed and before it was sold. The fire fighting school was found to be

contaminated by dioxin, likely from various flammable waste liquids used to make smoke and fires. Trainees were exposed to this smoke in confined spaces, with and usually without

proper protective gear.

Thus, it's quite possible that a large number of sailors were exposed to dioxin before they were sent overseas.

The VA has fought irrationally in the past concerning exposure, and the C-123 aircraft are no exception.

Sailors, in my opinion and direct knowledge, were exposed to many chemicals that are on the EPA's hazardous lists.

Various solvents (MEK TriTet, etc.

Paint and primer with anti-fouling properties ("Red Lead" and others)

Epoxy coatings containing rust reducing chemicals

Diesel fuel, "heavy oil" fuel, and leaded aircraft fuels, fumes and soot.

Various lubricants containing hazardous additives ("Moly grease" for example)

Asbestos used in insulation, packing, winch clutches, fire fighting suits and gloves

Fumes and particles from propellants (Gun Fire, Rockets, etc.)