VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Shoutbox Poll - Please Take A Second And Answer It

Rate this question

Tbird

The Shoutbox   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Keep The Shoutbox or Get Rid of It

• Keep It
    • Get Rid of It
    • I don't use and don't care

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I vote to keep it! now that its on the side!

Probably keep it. I can not see how it would benefit Veterans to get rid of it. I also can not see how using it would harm Veterans. Therefore, keeping it seems like the best option because it may help but it wont hurt Vets.

Lots of Vets "fall through the cracks" as they dont "fit" the VA's criteria for whatever reason. In fact, most of us here have "fallen through the cracks" at VA.

In my case, I "fell through the cracks" because Va did not know what to do with me, as they had shredded my evidence. It was the classic, "keep passing the buck, I dont know what to do"...for VA employees. Many Vets had shredded evidence and were denied because of it.

The Va was supposed to "take my word for it" when the Va was found guilty of shredding. However, the culture of denial is strong, so VA employees naturally assumed I was not telling the truth when I sent paperwork in. Of course, they also assumed those VA employees "would never harm Veterans" by shredding their evidence. Yea..right. A VA "employee" badge automatically makes you trusted, while military service makes you a liar, automatically.

Edited by broncovet

Don't use it much but I vote to keep it as long as you don't need the space for something more important.