VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is There Back Pay For Increase Compensation

Rate this question

bojack

Question

Dear members,

Currently, I have 0% on TBI and I filed to increase my TBI 09/04/2014 and just yesterday my TBI was increased to 50%.

It took them 4 months and I am very grateful...

Is there back pay for this type of increase?

Thank you and be safe everyone.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My first awarded date was 07/01/2014 and they gave me 0% for tbi. Not sure how they going to pay me... have a feeling they might just give me my regular pay with 50% increase now.... brown envelope says nothing about back pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well you should get a letter of explanation as to how they paid you & you can disagree and tell them like jbasser & pr mention when your (the date) condition arose to its current severity would be the effective date . they should pay you from back then!

if they pay you the 4 months and your condition worsen was diagnosed earlier then there screwing you buddy!

• HadIt.com Elder

According to what you've stated you'll get retro for Oct, Nov and Dec, as BakerGeckos estimated. January's check will be paid Jan 30th, instead of Feb 1st, due to it being a weekend. I would pursue the earlier effective date of 02/01/2014. You still have until January 31, 2015, to file a NOD or you can file a CUE claim at any time. You have a better chance of winning that than any lottery! jmo

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers