VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vietnam And Malaria

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

John999

Do you mean if you ever come down with Malaria? From Nam Days?

We took the pills when we had them.

This is presumption based!

As long as you can prove you was in Vietnam a DD 214 or Special Orders to the RVN or other Documentation Like decorations.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh, even if I were to come down with malaria 45 years after Nam it would be presumption based? That is interesting. I live in Florida so who knows. Every year people get some sort of insect borne disease which is mild for some and kills others. I forget the name of it. Florida used to be really infested with malaria, yellow fever and all that stuff. DDT did the trick and killed half the bird population as well before they stopped using it. Did we use DDT in Nam? That stuff cannot be good for humans either I think. I guess I was just lucky in Nam because I sure got bit by the bloodsuckers. Those carnivorous rats in the bunkers were the worst since not only did they bite, but attacked snakes. I caught about a 6 foot snake in my bunker and put it in a bag. I carried it back to company area and let it loose near officer quarters. I think it was just a rat snake of some sort. I used to catch snakes in Florida as a teenager both poisonous and non-poisonous. I was dumb as hell, but pinning the head of a diamond back rattle snake and putting it in a pillow case is a thrill I felt all the way down to my toes.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I suppose if you can get a doc to sc it years later? I read a link Ms Berta put up

Vietnam 68-70 Award

I worry bout catching that old swine-flu!!!& if you catch that EBOLA you can kiss this old world bye!

Edited by Buck52