VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Board

Rate this question

cowboys4life

Question

Had recent board hearing on the 13th and I believe things went really well for me. The judge seemed pro veteran and suggested that she was going to see if she can IU all the way back to original claim date. She also stated that she was going to first see if she can get me service connected for pacemaker surgery and second open heart surgery right away. Second heart surgery was denied because it was said to be pyramiding, which was incorrect. She also felt that the pacemaker surgery should have been service connected. She felt that since I was given a permanent rating for non service pension based on same medical evidence I should have been given the same rating when my heart condition was granted for service connection. Also she felt that she did not need to remand for another exam since there was ample evidence already in the claims file and it has been almost 15 years since I filed the original claim and C&P exams during those years leading up to my hearing. Her questions for me were very precise, and it gave me a very good avenue to state just what was done thus far. I want to know if I am reading too much into what she was asking and if I am wrong in assuming that her posture was protocol and nothing more. I honestly believe that she seemed genuine in her feeling that I should not have had to wait this long to have this case adjudicated by now. Any thoughts?

I hope you finally receive the ratings you deserve and should have received years ago. There is no justifiable reason for the VA's failure to adjudicate your case in a timely manner. Hopefully, Secretary McDonald will rid the VA of incompetent employees involved in the ratings process and try to make sure veterans don't have to go through years of unnecessary delays as you did in your case.

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would suggest to wait until you see the decision in writing. I have been told many things by judges and DRO's, but when the actual decision comes out it is different. I hope it is a positive outcome.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Evidence talks only when read by a competent board/DRO.

It sounds very promising. I hope you have a successful result very soon.