VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Circus Is In Town

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

A couple weeks ago I checked the website and found out I was ineligible for the Choice Card.

Today, I received a letter from the VA with my brand new Choice Card. However, it says that I need to make about 5 calls and check about 4 situational scenarios and then confirmed by phone that I am actually eligible, and then stand on my head a twirl for at least 5 minute. Any less that 5 minutes you have to go to the back of the line.

Here's a suggestion;

Don't give me the card if I am ineligible! I can just imagine the number of Vets that are going to get real bills because they find out the card was junk after the fact.

If I am eligible, give me the card.

If you give me the card, let me use it.

This should be good for the economy as I will have employed at least three people just to clarify whether I can use the card that I am ineligible to use!!

What a joke!!

Hamslice

Yeah I have been finding out that for myself. None of my private providers even want to mess with it. Some that have actually dealt with the VA process, fee based, don't want to touch it with a ten foot pole. I don't want to be a stinker about it but I seriously think it is just a PR ploy.

The Va needs to provide vets with a list of private providers who will accept the choice card. The last thing a sick or injured person wants to deal with is red tape.

Also why does the card say temporary program on it?

WHY OH WHY does the VA by all means do everything they can to prevent vets from going outside the VA machine.

It has to be because they love us too much to let someone else treat us. :tongue:

• HadIt.com Elder

Lets do a satisfaction poll. If I get a couple of hundred vets to answer the poll I will send the results to the Vets Committe.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

The Va needs to provide vets with a list of private providers who will accept the choice card. The last thing a sick or injured person wants to deal with is red tape.

"The last thing a sick or injured person wants to deal with is red tape."

That's why, for decades, veterans dealt with the VA as the last resort.

I always felt that a veteran with a mild case of PTSD was likely to have the severity increase just by having to deal with the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ain't that the truth...

I think the VA sent out those c cards to all veterans rather or not he/she eligible or not, I saved mine just incase they get it straighten out?

I sure ain't going to try to use it...