VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Circus Is In Town

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

A couple weeks ago I checked the website and found out I was ineligible for the Choice Card.

Today, I received a letter from the VA with my brand new Choice Card. However, it says that I need to make about 5 calls and check about 4 situational scenarios and then confirmed by phone that I am actually eligible, and then stand on my head a twirl for at least 5 minute. Any less that 5 minutes you have to go to the back of the line.

Here's a suggestion;

Don't give me the card if I am ineligible! I can just imagine the number of Vets that are going to get real bills because they find out the card was junk after the fact.

If I am eligible, give me the card.

If you give me the card, let me use it.

This should be good for the economy as I will have employed at least three people just to clarify whether I can use the card that I am ineligible to use!!

What a joke!!

Hamslice

The Seattle RO sucks, but the fee based office at American Lake VAMC rocks.

I have used them quite a bit the past 2 years and they have paid the bills within 30 days after receiving them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I made my choice. I have moved from VA to Medicare Advantage Doc. I will use the VA for meds and Dentist but no more Docs or Practitioners.

I threw my choice card into the trash. Didn't call or go to the website. I read the law as it was signed and there was not much left of the original bill after all of the amendments. The program expires to the day for two years after the President's signature. No private healthcare providers are wasting their time in my state. They told me VA won't pay the emergency bills the way it is. There is a CBOC with 4 chairs and a television 30 miles away. The VAMC is 100 miles away. Six months to a year is the standard wait times for specialty care. No change on the horizon for this VAMC.

I think one of the biggest deterents the va uses is shock and awe. Take Rootbeer for example. Rootbeer was an officer, likely in charge of a least one million dollar A1 abrams tank, a crew of highly trained enlisted, that was put in trust of using the high tech equiptment and his troops in an honorable manner. (WHICH HIS DD214 VERIFYS)

Then, he goes apply for compensation, which he honestly and totally believes is a result of his service/

He gets and unqualified, uncaring CP evaluator that is basically calling him a liar, and refusing to take evidence which he provided, that was not even his job to do in the first place. Is he in SHOCK of thier Audacity is he in AWE of how nonchelantly they do it. absolutely.!!!

• In Memoriam

Please don't throw the cards away. I hope to start a campaign to send these cards to Bernie Sander as the head of the Joint veterans committees in congress, Bernie, who wants to keep the Veterans cooped up at the VA to fulfill his commitment to the AFGE American Federation of Government workers that he has made in his lobby and legislation. He is taking money from these rats to force vets to stay with the VA. Although McCain has joined this rat and has honorable service.

Old Shaking hands Bernie was a leader of VietNam Anti-War protesters. This dishonorable man has shaking hands from reaching in the Deep and hot pockets of the AFGE.

Take a guess where the AFGE gets it's money. If you say from money that was destined for veterans help you would be right.

Please save your cards.