VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tiger Team Is Faster!

Rate this question

RockyA1911

Question

I was told by the VA 800# that my file was being processed for return back to Chicago VARO from Cleveland. She said I should get the letter of decision not later than 7 to 10 days and that I would receive the decision before they would get the file back. That's pretty fast since my claim was just given to the Tiger Team the first week in October. I assumed it would take another 3 to 5 months. Anyway, IF the VA told me the truth it will have been 19 months for my claim to be processed.

I will post again as soon as I receive the decision. Hopefully by next week.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

'68,

That is the same thing they did with mine. It stayed at a rating board from Jul thru Sep and then the 1st week in Oct it was transferred to the Tiger Team, just after the 3 months at the rating board were up.

Someone may notice the age of your claim once it is at the rating board and realize it is over a year old, thus sending the entire claim to the Tiger Team in Cleveland. Not a bad thing though if what the VA told me is truth about getting my decision in 7 to 10 days now.

All I know as of right now is they said my claim has been completed. Other than that the VA can't tell me anything regarding rating decision or if it is a deferred rating requesting more info.

I should know one way or the other by the end of next week anyway and that's a lot better info than previous.

Rocky I hope it goes through as planned. I too filed claims March 2005 and my claims are also 19 months old. I took C&Ps in July and August and when i call 800# they say when exams results get back the claim will be finalized. My C&Ps were done by outside contractor called QTC and as of yesterday they still haven't finished them. I hope they send my claim to Tiger team becuse anything has to be better than VAROs. Good Luck Rocky and 68.

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim wasted ablmost a year while it sat on a deadbeat SO's desk in Waco. If I were you I would be calling your Service Officer and telling him or her to kick it lose. There is no excuse for that kind of delay.

Great suggestion Pete. Thats exactly why I`m doing my appeal myself. The SO couldn`t even remember my name or case 2 days after talking about it with him. I seemed to really get my original claim moving when I started calling every Friday for about 6 weeks in a row. Mine took 9 1/2 months from start to finish. I`m hoping my appeal will go faster because I made sure all evidence was sent in immediately after rating showed up and I can`t come up with anything else they need. I`ll give them 2 weeks to get settled and I will start calling every Friday.

Cavman

I also am with Texas Vet. Commision. Well after hearing nothing for 3 months I called my actual rep (Tx Vet. Commission) and not the 800# and he found out that my file was sitting on a desk of a women who has been "out" for the past 6 weeks with no sign of return. :blink: Needless to say after that he spoke to "someone" and I had two more appointments lined up within a month and it's now at rating board. 10/25 will be 1 year for me so don't feel to bad.

Myquestion is...what is Tiger team??? Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

My suggestion might sound crazy but I would drive to Waco and go the your SO and ask to see your file. If he can't produce it go to the VARO and ask them to see exactly where your file is. If the VARO says its with your Service Rep I would go in and confront them. When a SO goes bad nothing good happens.