VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Comment Abt Recent Radio Show Re. Icd 9 Codes

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

I would like to bring up a concern abt veterans who do not have private health insurance that the VA can bill.. What incentive would VA then have to insure a proper diagnostic code ? It seems like everytime I go check in at the primary desk, they ask if I have any private insurance?

If no outside billing is taking place for a particular group of veterans. then who actually knows if the veteran is being CODED correctly?

Is this possibly a reason the VA doesnt want vets to go outside the system?

Its just so odd to me why vets are always getting blocked???

I guess if theres just one mechanic in town that you can afford, you have to take his word for it.

2 answers to this question

Plz dont tell me its because they are afraid to lose thier job,, the unions will put 5 people in charge of the popcorn machine in the lobby if they have to, to keep them employed.

They need 5 people on the popcorn machine at VA.

One, to make popcorn, and the other 4 to answer this question:

"How come you have 5 people running the popcorn machine and, yet, I cant get to see a doctor to sign off that there are no doctors available so I can get Veterans choice?".

The VA is looking into automating the process. You scan in your VA card, and the machine says, "The VA is working diligently into your problem and, given time, will figure out a solution to the problem of "too many employees on the popcorn gravy train, but not enough doctors. Contact your congressman to increase VA funding so that another gravy train popcorn operator can be added to fully answer your questions. ".

Edited by broncovet