VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Rating - How I Did It!

Rate this topic

ping jockey

It is so great to read another vet winning their claim. The road will most likely be long even though a few may get their result early, the main thing all must do as the elders preach here is never give up.

• 5 months later...

Ping Jockey,

You are a Saint for breaking that all down and posting here! I wish I'd seen it before turning in my claim, but saving the pertinent pieces to be ready for any appeals.

I have three different skin conditions and the C&P Doc wrote them up separately, but not anticipating VA will award them as such--I'm anticipating the VA would lump into one disability for "The Skin"...

Thanks again for posting!!!

ping jockey

Congratulations and thanks for the excellent post and appreciate you for sharing your experiences and knowledge. I like the way that you outlined your strategy and presenting good evidence is always key...either it's there or not? But if it's not presented to the CP Doctor effectively during the exam, it's a waste of an appointment? How long have you been on this journey and what was you first claims % on your original claim? I'm trying to be on the same trajectory towards 100%, but the last 10 feet of climbing any mountain ---is the toughest part. Currently, I have 4 contentions that I'm waiting on the outcome right now and should have a good idea soon where I stand for an updated %.

Anyway, I've been struggling with a decision recently and could use your sage wisdom? I have a pending claim on a bilateral shoulder ROM and the ROM measurement which was done incorrectly by a nurse examiner. She did not consider or factor in where the pain started as each shoulder was being lifted up for the ROM? I was actually hurt during the examination? Anyway, I have a solid right shoulder MRI that shows I have extensive damage to my right shoulder including a 50-70% tear of the rotor-cuff. The current (questionable) right shoulder ROM DBQ/CP says I can lift it over 90 degrees without pain--which is impossible? The pain actually starts at 35-40 degrees not 90 degrees. The examiner did not review any relevant records or a provided Shoulder MRI for the exam? She said, " do not to worry because the VBA Raters would figure it it out anyway when they looked at "all" of your records"? So, when I said something to the Chief of the CP Exam Clinic (her boss) about the ROM issues, he was very nice and said for me to just write a statement of support and include it in the claim, so the rater would consider it.

Anyway a few days ago, I uploaded the Right Shoulder (RS) MRI in question to ebenefits portal under that RS contention pending claims section. It's evident that there's a disconnect with the ROM measurement and the MRI --and actual shoulder damages? I think the shoulder claim has already been decided (not notified yet) --but based upon a lack of evidence? Although my support statement will help to clear things up, I'm concerned that the statement submission will again delay the second round of my deferred claims being decided and announced just as I'm about to get an answer on the other 3 contentions?

So now, do I take a chance that the VBA rater "may" get it right when he see's the Right Shoulder MRI results and my claim with all 4 contentions will be decided soon? Or do I, go ahead and submit the statement of support, which makes the argument that the ROM was done incorrectly which will probably result in re-scheduling another Bilateral Shoulder BDQ/CP Exam again which may take months to reschedule and to get the results...? Frankly, I'd really would like to know the outcome of the latest claims sc and % results and I know that the rater was very thorough at catching the details favorably for my contentions as my last claim was decided. Among the other contentions being reviewed now is a Cardiac CP results which could result in multiple % upgrades for other heart related areas for HBP and ED?

What do you think--should I send the statement of support in now about the ROM and just accept the delay? Or should I see what the outcome is now with the Right Shoulder MRI that was already provided recently and not delay the process any further for this round?

Thanks in advance....Rootbeer22

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use