VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

70% For Ptsd Claiming Tdiu

Rate this question

sdvet33

Question

Hello,

I just got rated at 70% for PTSD. I was told awhile ago by a lawyer and a VSO that i should also claim TDIU. What are my chances of getting it and what do i need to justify it. I haven't worked in almost 3 years. Since i got out of the military i've been in 2 inpatient substance abuse programs and 2 outpatient programs at the V.A before i was diagnosed. After diagnosis i have been to 2 other SA programs and 3 PTSD programs. During that time i've been convicted of 2 felony DUI's and a Drug charge (yeah i was pretty xxxxxx up for awhile) really surprised that i even survived it. Now i'm on a bunch of medications that make it hard to get out of bed or function daily. In my eyes my criminal charges are in direct relation to my PTSD i.e self-medicating. Even if i could get out of bed regularly, nobody wants to hire a multiple felon with mental health issues.

Anyway what are my chances of getting TDIU? what do they consider sufficient evidence for it? Is it worth trying for? I keep on hearign about this P & T too is that a possibility? Like i said i was advised to do it but want to know what i'm gettinginto and whether it's even worth my time. I about went crazy waiting on my claim for 3 years i don't know if i could handle doing that gain.

please advice and thank you

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

To start with, it's a substantial raise in what they pay you. You probably should've been awarded 100% but the VA always lowballs claimants. I personally would file a Notice of Disagreement(NOD), with the 70% award, request a TDIU award and the P&T award.

As for your legal troubles, they are probably related to the PTSD. I'd also file claims for the SA, secondary to your SC PTSD.

It's best to have statements from your doctors that you can't work. The multiple hospital stays should help. jmo

Be sure to file for SSDI, if you haven't already.

pr