VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Myhealthevet Blue Button ... Premium Account.. Get It !

Rate this question

63SIERRA

Question

Heres an easy way to get a complete copy of your VA medical records and keep track of your health. you can send messages directly to your doctors office, request meds, read clinical notes , request appointments ect. ect.

first go to the MYHEALTHEVET and register, then apply for a premium account. this is free.

You have to get an authentication which is easy, just download the form, sign it and mail it to your VAMC. If your account is not upgraded to premium in around 30 days, call your local VAMC and request to talk to the myhealthevet authentication guy.

Once you have your premium account, you dont have to call the 1800 call center to send information that often gets lost or miscommunicated to your primary care professionals. You can send it directly to your doctors office. The great thing about this, is you have a record of the exact mesage you sent them, there is a "read reciept" That shows that your message has been recieved and read, and who read it.

Also, you can download and read or save a PDF file of your ENTIRE medical records files from the day you started recieving care to present.

when you need this information you can simply open your file, click print page, and you have it instantly.

I just downloaded and saved over a thousand pages.

There is an online free program called DROPBOX. It is a very good storage place to keep large files. You can copy and paste your medical records into this free cyber storage bin,after you download and save them from my healthevet , so in case your computer crashes, and it will, sooner or later, you will have access to your files from any computer via password.

you can also put them on a flash drive and keep it in your safe. as back up to back up.

Edited by 63SIERRA

The first time I used the blue button on my health e vet to communicate with my primary care team, the nurse called me and told me the doctor told her to tell me to call in, dont use the message service.. Evidently he didnt want a record of communications between myself and his office on record. I did it anyway, and still use the message service. Please post on this topic if you register for a premium account and someone calls you telling you NOT to use the messaging.

I don't think they like the accountability factor in that. I use that system against my nurses and docs when they blow off concerns, results, and procedures. Or especially when they state something that isn't correct. More than one occasion they have stated a program is not available or that a VAMC does not offer those services only to be proved wrong by me. It's also a clear record that you are trying to seek medical care, as well as continuity of care.

Used to be that you had your records from the day you started getting care, no more. Also used to get the C&P exams (non-QTC) and MOs, but not more. Not all current lab results will be in there either. You have to log on update your bluebutton data and then log off and come back in a few hours to get the update. The meds are not updated very well either. Another VA piece of crap system and a big waste of time IMO. It's like we don't get enough frustration from the idiots over at the RO.

I don't think they like the accountability factor in that. I use that system against my nurses and docs when they blow off concerns, results, and procedures. Or especially when they state something that isn't correct. More than one occasion they have stated a program is not available or that a VAMC does not offer those services only to be proved wrong by me. It's also a clear record that you are trying to seek medical care, as well as continuity of care.

Sir you hit the nail on the head, they dont want the veteran to gain any leverage. Why else would they not want a written, provable, dated, verifyable, rock solid record of the communications between themselves and the veteran. ? If they have nothing to hide why not encourage veterans to use this system that cost millions of dollars of the taxpayers money? The same system should be available between the veteran and the Regional offices. We would then be able to prove what we sent them, when we sent it, who got it, what actions were taken, ect. If after communicating on the messaging system the veterans concerns were not adressed adequately then a phone call could be made.

My VA doesn't like Secure Messaging either and doesn't respond to it quickly. Last time they cancelled an appointment I saw it on ebenefits and called to verify. The record shows they 'left vmail' to inform vet but I never got a vmail.

And Myhealthevet lags by days so information is not updated immediately.

I have found the appointment info on ebenefits to be more current, which is odd because that's not the primary purpose for ebens like it is for Myhealth :biggrin:

They don't like written accountability which is all the more reason to keep doing it.

If you need something important documented like what they said on the phone, send em a Secure Message with a recap and ask for confirmation that you got it right.

We have paid for 'world-class healthcare"; let's hold their feet to the fire til we get it!