VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

C-file Information

shrlee

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

8 answers to this question

It sure wont slow it down if you filed in New York. The Buffalo VARO works on NODs after at least a year has passed.They are very far behind.

The c file and the complete medical records are invaluable to have.

The C file comes from a request to the VARO and the medical record copy comes from a request to the FOIA or Records access officer at the VAMC that treats the veteran.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is so slow I don't think it matters what you request. I would do as Berta has said and get the C-File and medical records. Then you can review them. You might find some other vet's records buried in your C-File. Every time I request records I get someone else's stuff in my file. This can be dangerous if the stuff is in your medical records.

Thanks Berta and John

What I am in need of is a copy of an IMO my brother had done by his PCP.

The PCP's staff sent it straight to the RO instead of sending it to my brother.

The PCP does not have a copy. So now we have no idea of what is

stated in the IMO report.

Shirley

Boy-I hope it is in the c file- it should not take too long- maybe three -four weeks to get the c file copy.

Does your brother have a service officer? This is always one good reason to have a vet rep or SO with offices right at the VARO building as they can go into the VARO and check for stuff like this in the c file.

But still it is always better to get a copy of the whole c file yourself.

Thanks I will send a FOIA request.

Yes, Berta he HAD a SO, that is the way he found out it was at the RO.

His So called him asking why he had sent it to the RO. My brother told him

he hadn't sent it to the RO. The PCP's office was suppose to call him to come

in and pick it up.

The SO told him he would be getting something in the mail, nothing arrived.

He waited a week called his SO, the SO was on vacation, he waited two weeks

called again they told him the SO had resigned.

It's okay, he has been fighting the VA since 1987, so if something can go wrong

it will, I think by this time he kinda expects it.

For Example:

He went to his C&P last week (ankle 10% SC) the doctor told him to set his cane

down and stand on the scale my brother said "I can't stand on there and balance

myself with my feet that close together."

The C&P doctor assured him he could. So he get's on the scale, his ankle buckles,

he starts falling, grabs the scale, the scale starts tilting, he lets go of the scale and

grabs the closest thing to him, yelp, the doctor, they both end up in the floor, the

nurse is banging on the door yelling "Dr. X are you alright?"

The doctor yells out "Yeah, we're alright, his ankle just buckled and he fell" He turns

to my brother and asked him if he was alright, my brother replied "Hell no I'm not alright,

I told you I couldn't stand up there like that." The doctor handed him his cane and had him

to climb back up on the scale. I'm sure none of that will be mentioned in his C&P.

Shirley

• HadIt.com Elder

Okay guys and gals, I've got a question.

My claim is at the AMC.

Where do I send my request to see my C-file?

My VARO is in Waco, TX.

If I send in a request to see my C-file, will they pull the C-file from the AMC and send it to Waco?

If so, I don't think I'd want to do that, would I?

Of course, I sent Waco a request to see my C-file, like, say, 3 months ago, and haven't heard not a word back from them...................so, I don't guess it really matters what I send or who I send it to or when I sent it, or why I sent it...............................scr*w it!

Larry, your file stays with the Board, the AMC, or the Court (depending on where your appeal is), until they are through with it. Then, it gets sent back to the VARO. Your request for a copy will need to wait until the VARO gets the file back. Our VARO also won't accept a request through the IRIS system, we needed to put it in writing and mail it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Vicki,

I was afraid that I'd thrown a kink in the system and that NOBODY would ever see my C-file again!

I did send my request to see my C-file in to the VARO in Waco, in writing. Certified. Return Receipt Requested. Priority Mail.

Heck, It costs ten bucks just to send something to them, if you want to know that they REALLY got whatever you are sending, that is.

Now if there was just some way to know that they REALLY read whatever it is, that is.

:blink: