VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Things That Slow Down Veterans Claims

Rate this question

Guest jstacy

Question

I have compiled a list of items that slow down Veterans.

#1 A Regional office in a highly populated area. ( example) Tampa,

#2 Submitting a new claim while a claim is in progress.

#3 Contact with a Congress person adds 60 days to the claim.

#4 Medical Evaluations like multi stystem C@P's that can take months to get the reports.

#5 Government and other places that are too slow sending requested medical information.

#6 A vet not sending in the VCAA notice. ( A lot of Vets are mislead to think it is the VA responsibility to submit the records)

#7 Inefective and incompetent Veterans Service Officers who are nothing but claim filing factories with no working Knowledge of how the system operates.

If anyone would like to add to this, Please feel free to do so.

Edited by jstacy

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have compiled a list of items that slow down Veterans.

#1 A Regional office in a highly populated area. ( example) Tampa,

#2 Submitting a new claim while a claim is in progress.

#3 Contact with a Congress person adds 60 days to the claim.

#4 Medical Evaluations like multi stystem C@P's that can take months to get the reports.

#5 Government and other places that are too slow sending requested medical information.

#6 A vet not sending in the VCAA notice. ( A lot of Vets are mislead to think it is the VA responsibility to submit the records)

#7 Inefective and incompetent Veterans Service Officers who are nothing but claim filing factories with no working Knowledge of how the system operates.

If anyone would like to add to this, Please feel free to do so.

You can request when appealing a VA denial, and you are requesting a "De Novo Review" that the review begin without the VA having to send the required DRO letter explaining the process, this could save up to 60 days...but it's at their discretion. Berta suggested this from the VBM, and when speaking to my congressman's vets. liason I told him that I was going to do this he said yea that will cut off 60 days off the time it takes to even begin the review.

I listed my congressman in the Cc: at the bottom of my NOD, but didn't actually request them to look into my claim yet. I did this so the VA DRO would know that I have been in contact with my congressman, but I didn't want the congressional review because I knew it would slow down the process. I don't know if it will help, but it's the best way I could think of without actually slowing down the claim.

Good ideal for a post jstacy.

Boondoc

• HadIt.com Elder

Istacy

I could add this: The VA consistently losing documents and evidence. I think you have hit most of the key buttons. As Pete says this is part of the VA system. They are slow by design. If the government wanted to speed up the process they could hire 5000 more rating officers. They are spending that much in two weeks in Iraq. Why speed up a system that saves money by letting vets die before their claims are even rated? I do have a friend in a small RO and they are horrible and the care he gets is horrible.

• HadIt.com Elder

Or, they could hire me as BOSS. It'd take about 2 years and you would never recognize the NEW VA as opposed to the OLD VA.

How many businesses do you think could be run like the VA is run?