VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicide Scars?

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

A few years ago my PTSD was so intense I attempted suicide twice. First by drug overdose and then two months later by slicing my wrists. "Stupid on my part"!

My two questions are;

1. Has anyone ever heard of a way to have the scars corrected so they don't look so bad?

2. Since I did slice my wrist during a PTSD panic attack would they be eligible for compensation secondary to a service connected condition?

Would really be interested in a way to correct the scars if anyone knows of a way.

Anyone who gives half a shit abt who you are on the inside doesnt give a rats ass how you look on the outside, so they dont matter.

Dont waste time worrying abt what someone else thinks that dont even matter.. Live your life, enjoy your life, its very short..

Let me tell you a story.

My brother came to visit a while back, and we were riding around and I told him abt an old cemetary where some civil war era soldiers were buried, so we went walking around the cemetary , just being curious, and looking at old grave stones. We went to the primitive waking shelter, and sat down, talking about how life is so short and death is so final. We walked around some more and noticed there were some old headstones just leaning against the fence, some broken , some with partial writing on them .

I picked up one of the pieces of broken headstone, and and held it in my hand, and told my brother.. the person that this stone was carved for, lies somewhere in this cemetary. Nobody knows his name, nobody knows anything about them, his relatiives dont know anything abt them, but at one time less than 200 years ago, he was a walking, talking, breathing, human being, alive on the earth, EXACTLY the way we are today. It put things in a very simple perspective . LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO CARE ABOUT WHAT OTHERS THINK. !!!

This sounds crazy, but going walk around a cemetary sometimes can bring things into perspective in ways you would never think. Try it sometimes. it makes your problems seem quite insignifigant.

Also, the grounds keepers put all of the flowers in the dumpsters that were thrown away and nobody wants. You can get very nice arrangements out of the dumpsters. A nice table setting cost around 50 to 70 dollars. You can get them for free if you want.

I like live, colorful flowers, and so does my wife so why not get them for free. I dont give a shit who sees me, I dont care.

Edited by 63SIERRA

I dont want none of you peeps round my dumpster now.. :smile:

How does one start the process for claiming suicide scars? Do I get a letter from my psychologist that in his opinion the scars are a direct result of suicide attempts secondary to PTSD? I want to make sure I get this right the first time when I submit the claim. I have to get the hospital medical records too from both attempts.

Edited by bionoce

I think scars are no different than any other service connection. You have to have 3 things: Current diagnosis (scar) 2, your doc will need to opine that your scars are a result of ptsd, and 3, you will need a link nexus between your scars and your service connected PTSD.

Its gonna be pretty much up to the docs and the evidence. Its always about the evidence. If you want to know if you have the evidence, then get your cfile and read it. If you dont have the evidence, you can always apply, and maybe the doc will give you an c and p exam and maybe the examiner will opine favorably.