VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Will This Help

Rate this question

calnight

Question

I got my doctor to sighn off on my state disibility. this is my va doctor. I sent in a copy to the va for my appeal and i.u. claim. let me tell you about state dis. not all states have it i believe only about 4-5 do. california is one. you can only stay on it for one year. there is a tax that comes out of your check for the program. it is not volintary. although state and goverment empolyees do not pay into the system. think as if it were ssd for the state of california but alot easier to get all you need is a doctor sig. and the check is in the mail in 3 weeks. the amount of money you recieve depends on how much you worked in previous year. and it is taxable at the end of the year. and if you put no money into the system for over a year you get nothing. since i stopped working in jan. i could use the program. also since i have filed for ssd there will be an offset if i get the ssd. i wont say how much i am getting but it is equal to 100% comp per month. and since the va keeps dening me it helps with the family. so guess my question is will this help my case that the va doctor has put me on state disibility. I recieved a copy of the app with his sig stating ptsd from military service. He sighned me out for a year. I have mailed it to so and the va. thank you

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'd think that his opinion would go a long with in the VA.

But, the more and more I think about the VA the less and less I think about the VA and the less and less I find that I know about the VA (or anything else, for that matter).

• HadIt.com Elder

Look into the offset question some more. Five years ago my brother got both for several months. It is hard getting SSD in less than a year but it can be done. When the SSD is quickly approved I do not think it disqualify's or cancels the SDI (State disability Ins.). You paid into both programs. My brother also lived in CA. There night be an offset if you get (SSI) Suplimental security income instead of Social Security disability (SSD).

SDI is paid when your disability prevents you from returning to your usual occupation. SSD is paid when you are unable to work at any job for a year or more. I have recieved all of these benefits at different times duriong my lifetime as a resident in the state of CA.

Look into the offset question some more. Five years ago my brother got both for several months. It is hard getting SSD in less than a year but it can be done. When the SSD is quickly approved I do not think it disqualify's or cancels the SDI (State disability Ins.). You paid into both programs. My brother also lived in CA. There night be an offset if you get (SSI) Suplimental security income instead of Social Security disability (SSD).

SDI is paid when your disability prevents you from returning to your usual occupation. SSD is paid when you are unable to work at any job for a year or more. I have recieved all of these benefits at different times duriong my lifetime as a resident in the state of CA.

I called ssa and gave them the same argument. they told me that sdi offsets ssd. i told them this is money i put into sdi and i have to pay taxes on it so why is going to offset my ssd. they use the same rule as if you were getting workmans comp. i did look it up on the ssa website and it siad it would of set the ssd. you cant make more than 80% of what you would get if you were recieving ssd on sdi. since i have not recieved my decsion from ssa and i cant work i need the money now for my family. and i was told i can stay on sdi even know i get rewareded ssd but i will not see any money from ssa until i get off sdi. becuase the amount of money i recieve on sdi is more than 80% of what i would get on ssd. just more bull the goverment is trying to pull so they dont have to pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

Calnight

I think those determinations will help with your VA TDIU. They are different programs but they are saying the same thing which is that you can't work. How far off are you from getting IU?

Calnight

I think those determinations will help with your VA TDIU. They are different programs but they are saying the same thing which is that you can't work. How far off are you from getting IU?

john

I put my claim in for iu about 3 months ago. but since i am only at 50% i have to see if va is going to give me a increase i have a appeal pending at the ro. the va sent me to a c&p 2 days ago for my appeal. so its wait and see.