VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weary Of E-Benefits Requests.

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

I don't know how many people have had this happen to them but I thought I should mention it on this forum. Something is amiss here.

I have a few claims that have been decided on and other that I filed NOD's for. I got tired of the games and I sought the help of an Attorney. This is now the second time that requests for information have been made through E-bennefits without going through my rain maker.

From what I understand of the law and what my attorney has stated this is illegal. They must go through my attorney and Ebenefits is not a proper avenue to request anything from a claimant. There is just not a real record to trace this as it can be edited by the VA as they see fit. I'm not sure what kind of lure this is but I would be weary and exercise extreme caution.

Mr. A

Below is what I got. I wish I would have copied the first one. What Do We Still Need From You? Your Attention is Needed

• You may be entitled to compensation at the 100 percent rate if you are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation because of your service-connected disabilities. If you believe you qualify, complete, sign, and return the enclosed VA Form 21-8940, Veterans Application for Increased Compensation Based on Unemployability.

Date Requested: 01/22/2015

Due Date: 02/22/2015 help_icon.gif

What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed Sick, workers, or unemployment comp 12/05/2014 01/04/2015

This was another request that neither myself nor my attorney received a hard copy letter for.

• HadIt.com Elder

What We Have Never Received from You (solicited)

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

Items Date Requested Date Closed Sick, workers, or unemployment comp 12/05/2014 01/04/2015

This was another request that neither myself nor my attorney received a hard copy letter for.

That's likely because the data was requested from workers or unemployment comp, not the veteran.

I thought that at first. But the requests were made to me just not by mail. I think I will stop looking at Ebennies. Damn the hypnotic powers of apps.

Ebennies is driving me crazy too bud. My current FDC claim has been at Prep for Decision since 12/22/14 and now I checked the status the other day. Now the claim says Gathering of Evidence and below it states that the RO is requesting something from one of the VAs that I get treatment at. What is driving me crazy is that I don't know if the RO is just asking for Medical Evidence from the local VA Hospitals, or they are going to schedule me for more C&P Exams. I have had over 20 Exams in the last Year. I am so tired of this crap. I am already 100%, I just want every Damn Disease, Health Issue and Pain documented in case something happens to me. Sorry did not mean to ramble on your post. God Bless and take care Bud.

Ebennies is driving me crazy too bud. My current FDC claim has been at Prep for Decision since 12/22/14 and now I checked the status the other day. Now the claim says Gathering of Evidence and below it states that the RO is requesting something from one of the VAs that I get treatment at. What is driving me crazy is that I don't know if the RO is just asking for Medical Evidence from the local VA Hospitals, or they are going to schedule me for more C&P Exams. I have had over 20 Exams in the last Year. I am so tired of this crap. I am already 100%, I just want every Damn Disease, Health Issue and Pain documented in case something happens to me. Sorry did not mean to ramble on your post. God Bless and take care Bud.

No ramble. That's what we members use this site for. It is for the knowledge and experience that we can each contribute so other Vets hopefully don't have to go through the messes we have had to go through.

I know better than to pay attention to ebennies. However, it's like stating a moth should know better than to fly towards the flame. It's what we got and don't forget snail mail. It could be worse. At least some movement indicates that it is being worked on, even if it makes the claim take longer. I'm going to average my time between claims. My first took 11 months. The second took close to 8 months. It was more developed and had quite a bit of evidence. Maybe the third and fourth will take less, probably not, maybe so, only time will tell. Ebennies although sometimes inaccurate and nerve racking does indicate movement. Movement is good, the claim is alive and they are desperately trying to find ways to deny. That is why there is an appeals process. I've tried a two claim approach, a multifaceted claim, a fully developed claim, and back to a two contention claim and I'm looking to see how they work the claims. The only pattern I have seen is that they stumble on their reason and basis for what they consider service connected and not. That's where it is good to attack as well as not listing what evidence was considered. Of course I like the absence of evidence being considered negative evidence. Nope charlie can't have it like that either. Apply the regs and laws only to what is convenient. I have faith that eventually it will be sorted out. Hopefully before I am in worse shape than I am now.

Good luck. Fight till your last breath. It is one of the things that you have.