VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes...I requested a status update on 29 December finally got a bs response yesterday 22 January. I requested status from my local varo oakland ca.recieved message back from national center C.Boyd as signature....What a joke ebenefits iris. ...

Yeah, I submitted a request on 2 January and requested email response. Got a phone call yesterday from the national office stating they were doing phone calls vice other means to speed up the back log. She ended up submitting it to the RO because she couldn't find what I was asking for. I had a portion of my claim deferred for 2 items, but the original claim was closed. But Ebenefits wouldn't show what the status was for the deferred items.

Me too bud, I sent IRIS a few weeks ago, but instead my claim status yesterday change to Gathering of Evidence, when it had been in the Prep for Decision status since 12/22/14, WTH!!!

Unless something has drastically changed, and I don't think it has, attempting to track down the actual status of your claim or appeal is an exercise in futility. As recently as 04/2014, I was actively trying to figure out where my DRO Hearing from a 2010 NOD was residing at my VARO. And really, I thought I was Dick Tracy but I never had a clue right up till I received the 05/14 VA Letter saying I was on deck for 06/27/14.

I would suggest making better use of your wait time being sure ALL Medical Evidence supporting your contentions is in the VA's Hot Hands. I would error on the side of caution, send in duplicates if your not sure. Better to have more than not enough, right. You don't want to wait for a Denial or SOC or even a S-SOC to find out evidence was missing. Be Proactive not Reactive.

Semper Fi

Gastone

APPEALS Time Line????? Just read in Washington Times, Congressmen s panty's in a Knot over prolonged VA Appeals wait times. According to the article, more than 1/2 of all appeals are Remanded, some twice for VARO review. Currently 300K appeals pending. Avg wait time is 1200 days. I went the DRO Hearing Route and got awarded in 1635 days. Not shorter than BVA but at least no worry about possibility of Remand.

The DRO program was started in 2001 to supposedly shorten the Appeal Time to Hearing. I don't think that part of the program has actually worked but the Personal Hearing aspect is great. Without a DRO Hearing, most Vet's never have a Face to Face with anyone in the VARO Rating Dept. Even if you get a continued Denial hopefully you'll come away with the information needed to prevail at the BVA.

Semper Fi

Gastone