VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New E-Benefits Platform

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

Whoa doggie. Keep your seats in the upright position and sinch that seatbelt tight. Looks like they gave Ebennies a facelift. I have been playing with it accessing different information and from what I have noticed the new platform has a lot of cosmetic changes.

One thing I do not like is that the evidence list is no longer there. It only shows what evidence you submitted in your claim after January 25, 2015. Why am I not surprised.

I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the information will be listed elsewhere but so far I have not found it. Convenient I think. I have a feeling this is just going to make things more complicated.

Although I have to say it looks like you can make an IRIS request from the website itself. I'll have to play with it some more. If any folks are in ebennies junkies like me, aesthetically, it's pretty. Now to find out if it's useful remains to be seen.

Ask the VA to make a decision on your claim as you have no more evidence to submit? Is that all it takes now. Hmmm.

Look at your dependency claims? oOOh chat with a real life VA claims representative. Say it ain't so. Pinch me am I dreaming.

The application is sketchy at best. Most functions time out or give you an error message but I have to hand it to the designers it is a pretty shade of blue. Now the test, is it going to be more useful and reliable as in the past. Hmm.

Sorry folks. I woke up in a weird mood this morning. Didn't sleep well.

It seems that many of the links on the remodeled VA website are not completely functional. E-benefits is in the same boat. Heh I have to hand it to them the videos on how to use the website are pretty catchy. I'm won't bash it completely, if every link works the way it is supposed to, I think most will find it a little easier to find information. What I am really interested in is the chat feature to talk to someone about your claim, even if the talking is through chat. Of course that options is only available during normal business hours but heh, it might be a step in the right direction. I emphasize , m a y b e.

Ask the VA to make a decision on your claim as you have no more evidence to submit? Is that all it takes now. Hmmm.

Look at your dependency claims? oOOh chat with a real life VA claims representative. Say it ain't so. Pinch me am I dreaming.

The application is sketchy at best. Most functions time out or give you an error message but I have to hand it to the designers it is a pretty shade of blue. Now the test, is it going to be more useful and reliable as in the past. Hmm.

Sorry folks. I woke up in a weird mood this morning. Didn't sleep well.

it appears to just be a standard 5103 request....

I couldn't get the web app to give me the form. At least we know the answer now thanks.

It seems that many of the links on the remodeled VA website are not completely functional. E-benefits is in the same boat. Heh I have to hand it to them the videos on how to use the website are pretty catchy. I'm won't bash it completely, if every link works the way it is supposed to, I think most will find it a little easier to find information. What I am really interested in is the chat feature to talk to someone about your claim, even if the talking is through chat. Of course that options is only available during normal business hours but heh, it might be a step in the right direction. I emphasize , m a y b e.

I tried the chat feature and got an error screen stating that this is a future capability coming soon, whatever that means.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I tried the chat feature and got an error screen stating that this is a future capability coming soon, whatever that means.

It sounds promising.

I called the 1-800 number first thing the other day and it said my hold time was estimated to be 23 minutes. Almost 2 hours later, someone finally answered. If this chat feature ever manifests itself, I assume it will automatically log you off after waiting for 10 minutes. On the bright side, you don't have to be forced to listen to VA propaganda and hold music while you wait.