VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New E-Benefits Platform

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

Whoa doggie. Keep your seats in the upright position and sinch that seatbelt tight. Looks like they gave Ebennies a facelift. I have been playing with it accessing different information and from what I have noticed the new platform has a lot of cosmetic changes.

One thing I do not like is that the evidence list is no longer there. It only shows what evidence you submitted in your claim after January 25, 2015. Why am I not surprised.

I guess I will give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the information will be listed elsewhere but so far I have not found it. Convenient I think. I have a feeling this is just going to make things more complicated.

Although I have to say it looks like you can make an IRIS request from the website itself. I'll have to play with it some more. If any folks are in ebennies junkies like me, aesthetically, it's pretty. Now to find out if it's useful remains to be seen.

If you go into the claim information itself on ebennies you will see a button that asks if you would like a call back that's what I clicked on. On both my NOD's the forms had my and my attorneys contact information. It was great to actually speak to someone who has a decision making authority with my claims.

I gotta tell you guys something and I gotta lay it down fast. I'm not sure on specifics with why this happened but it just happened to me. I had submitted a call back for information on my claim on the ebennies platform last night. Well low and behold the DRO deciding my case just called me 15 minutes ago. Be careful what you ask for. Now I'm a bit paranoid and I don't trust the VA especially with what I've experienced so far. First she mixed information on claims and we discussed which claims were being heard and decided on. Also she informed me when my DRO hearing will be. March 19th. Pretty fast huh. I filed an NOD the last week of May 2014. Now I was careful, and I informed her that I was represented by counsel, she verified that as well. Odd thing, is that all it takes is a ebennies request or is this from my initial NOD where I checked I wanted a call back. The regional office has my updated NOD with my attorney's contact information. I found it odd. Maybe it's just a coincidence and maybe I'm just paranoid and reading to much into this, however, my paranoia has kept me outta trouble more often than not.

Is this normal that the DRO call the vet instead of POA concerning case,especially if they decided the case.

Yes and no. I indicated on my first NOD that I would like to receive a call if there were questions regarding my appeal, however some of the questions she had asked were clearly matters that my attorney's NOD covered, that is why I am suspicious of the call. With that said though I did indicated on one of my NOD's that I wanted a call back, this just happened to be involving one of my other appeals.

The kicker is I also requested a call back from the Ebenefits platform.

Edited by ArNG11