VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does C-File Include Service Treatment Records?

Rate this question

SubicBay0311

Question

Does anyone know if your C-file is supposed to include your entire service treatment record?

I have requested a copy of mine and my c-file does not. At a recent C&P exam the doctor noted only reviewing my C-file, and my claim was denied. I am quite sure this was because he did not see my service treatment records.

Sometimes your c-File does contain your service.medical records. Have you viewed you C-File before they gave you a copy to verify what is in it? You are allowed 1 free copy. Often I hear they leave things out. I know when i requested mine, I saw notes someone wrote on my file in pen, military correspondence that i had never seen/known about and internal VA memos that had dates for reevaluation if mandated. It is up to the Regional Office of the VA to make the copy. Theu are the ones who usually have annd hold your file in less a C&P is scheduled then the send it out or at least a copy anyways. All O know is the VA blue button has a lot of information as well. Did you never make a copy of your health record when you separated?

Here is a.link where you can request a copy of your service medical records.http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/medical-records.html

Also C&P examiners dont also have the physical C-File in their possession, although they should when they are supposed to review it. I believe they view an online Electronic version. This is purely my opinion. I can be wrong, wont be the 1st time, but I'm trying to help.

• HadIt.com Elder

Request that the C&P VA Examiner read all your c-file medical records including your service treatment records, they are required to read all your medical records pertaining to your disability

if your service treatment records are not in your c-file? request them to be found and placed in your c-file.

Also get a qualified IME /IMO, Remember good probative medical evidence is always good to help with your claim.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

If you were seen by anyone other than your company medic/corpsman, then your medical records probably aren't there. Military hospital records are generally not included in your service records. Use the link USMC_HVEQ provided, to locate yours.

pr

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Back in the day, they handed some soldiers their medical records when they out processed from the service. With everything going digital, I have no idea.

I just received my C-file on a CD and it looks like it has all my medical record with it. It was just under 2100 pages on it. It only took about 2 months to get it too.