VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My C&p Exam, Need Some Input

Rate this question

lcplcookba1

Question

First I want to thank the members of this forum, wow, what a vast data base created by the finest men and women that ever walked the face of this earth. Semper FI to all.

So I was medically discharged after a HUMMER hit my MC as I was just minding my own business in 1987. The right side of my body was pretty much destroyed. Currently, I am rated at

20% degenerative disc disease 5243

20% residuals first and second metatarsals 5010-5284

10% residuals gamekeeper 5010-5224

10% interverbial disk syndrome 5243-8522

10% post operative residuals removal of the plica 5257

10% Chronic Bronchitis 6600

0% scars 7805

Combined Rating 60%

Rating decision was 2010

Jan 2015 I had another C&P exam

My current issues are increased pain in back, right leg is completely numb and aching I've been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy of both feet, sleep apnea, High blood pressure high cholesterol, diverticulitis, gout, yada yada yada.

I'm prescribed 8 Vicon a day 2700 mg gabapentin, linsipril, samivstatin, indomethicine oh man its a full hand full of stuff just to function everyday. I have VA shoes, a cane and a walker. I'm not good. But it is what it is.

The DR commented that my Pulmonary exam was terrible but didn't expand. I tried to comply with everything he asked of me but I'm very guarded when it comes to my pain as it takes weeks to heal.

I haven't worked in 2 years and was making 72k as a sheet metal worker. My life feels like its over but I have custody of 3 ids 11,15 and 17 and must carry on for them.

The wait is murder to find out if the VA will rate me 100% IU. Can I get some input from you guys

Thanks Cook BA

I'm 49 Y/O and feel like I'm 70.

(440765218) C&P exam-pdf.pdf

Edited by lcplcookba1

Sorry to hear of your troubles bud. Paste your C&P exam notes here and we can help you from there. Based on your health issues, it sounds like you have been lowballed to only be 60% SC. I am only 32, was 30 when the Navy retired me, and a Doc told me a few months ago, that I have the insides of a 65 year old man, Lol! Good luck and God Bless. Keep us posted bud

OK I've attached my full C&P exam notes and findings. The dr states several time that my disabilities adversely affect my ability to maintain employment. Will the VA look at that and decide to give me IU? Also will this exam help with my SSD claim I filed 15 moths ago? Thanks guys and gals for any comments on this matter. Also he said my sleep apnea isn't caused by chronic bronchitis, Is there no nexus between the 2?

C&P exam.doc

The exam was hard to read, but in my opinion there is plenty there for you to have a few more conditions to be granted SC. Now at what % is hard to say bud. As far as IU, yes the VA could send you the forms for IU, but I would think that currently there is not enough there, unless you have a SC condition with a high % that affects your ability to work tremendously. When it comes to your SSDI claim, every bit of evidence helps. Did you get your Physical and Mental VA Docs to fill out a SSA Mental and Physical Capacity Form? If not I can email it to you or you can google these forms. These forms help tremendously bud. Good luck and keep us posted

The exam was hard to read, but in my opinion there is plenty there for you to have a few more conditions to be granted SC. Now at what % is hard to say bud. As far as IU, yes the VA could send you the forms for IU, but I would think that currently there is not enough there, unless you have a SC condition with a high % that affects your ability to work tremendously. When it comes to your SSDI claim, every bit of evidence helps. Did you get your Physical and Mental VA Docs to fill out a SSA Mental and Physical Capacity Form? If not I can email it to you or you can google these forms. These forms help tremendously bud. Good luck and keep us posted

yea its a lot to take in. I found 3-4 times the dr said my disability would keep me from working thats why I asked. I also applied for IU at the same time of my claim. I haven't worked in 2 years because of my issues, going to get diabetic shoes on the 28, I was issued a walker and it helps but my pride is a tough hurdle to get over, Soon enough I won't have a choice. My dr said she wouldn't fill out forms for SSD, Its not VA Policy she said

example

Regardless of the Veteran's current employment status, do the

condition(s)

listed in the Diagnosis section impact his or her ability to perform any type

of occupational task (such as standing, walking, lifting, sitting, etc.)?

[X] Yes [ ] No

If yes, describe the functional impact of each condition, providing one or

more examples:

Unable to walk or stand for prolonged periods of time.

Edited by lcplcookba1

I know that a lot of VA Docs don't want to feel out the SSA forms, and it drives me Fu**** crazy. I was lucky and my VA Docs filled them out for me. As far as you not being able to stand, I agree with that, but you also have to remember that the VA and SSA leach suckers can try to say that you are bad enough to do no Physical Labor but Smart enough to do Admin or Book work jobs. I have seen that more than once bud. Just hang in there and I will pray for both you and I. God Bless