VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Used The New, Have Your Claim Decided On Feature On Ebennies

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Has anyone used the "Have your claim decided on" feature on Ebenefits site. As you all know my claim was at the Prep for Decision phase for the last month, then the other day it went back to Gathering of Evidence. Well the Ft Worth VA called today and scheduled a couple of C&Ps at the Ft Worth and Dallas VAs. I have Uploaded, Mailed and Faxed all the Medical Evidence more than once, and I am tired of these idiots. My last two FDC claims I had a couple of bad C&Ps, as either the Docs would not even look at me and hardly talk, or accept my Evidence. These Damn exams are driving me crazy, and I don't feel like driving over 200 and 300 miles round trip to each exam. I am thinking of using this feature in the next few days. As long as the VA grants SC on a few conditions, then I will fight the rest 1 condition at a time from hear out. What do you guys think? Thanks again and hope you have a good week.

Haven't seen the feature, but understand that you can opt for the VA to stop collecting evidence and just make a determination.

From the sea-lawyer standpoint, I can see the VA looking at such a statement as you refusing C&Ps then using your so-called refusal against you. Now you'd be using a VA provided out, but if the RO didn't think they needed the exam results, then they wouldn't have asked for them. You could wind up like a friend of mine. He ran into all sorts of trouble because he wasn't geographically stable enough to make it to C&Ps and wound up getting denied on everything. His RO just closed his claim based on failure to play along. He fought the decision and then landed at 80%. You're currently at 100%, but not P&T, right, shipmate? Last thing I'd want them to do is start making arbitrary decisions that require you to fight your way back up to 100%.

The only way out I can see is to provide N&ME from different doctors that would clarify, without knowing their questions, what it is they're looking for over at the RO. You'd have to get it anyway to help the appeal you'd wind up filing, so why not just file it now? And, if it were me, bite the bullet and make the drives for the C&Ps.

Thanks for the support, I would think that if I use the VA's new Ebennie option to finalize the claim, then I should still be following their guidelines in the end. This is my fourth claim in the last 18 months, and this whole process is driving me Looney, as it does to us all. Just don't have the strength this time. I really appreciate the kind words though, been a while since I heard the Old Ship Mate, Lol!!!

Hang in there bud. It can't rain all the time. I understand the looney part. Cuckoo Cuckoo Cuckoo. The wait times drive me up the wall also.

There has to be a more efficient way. I am barely making ends meet. 7 kids, a wife and home--VA could care less if I start going into deep debt and get foreclosed--once you are homeless though they give a S#%&. Don't make sense. I have in writing where my doctors told me do not go to work-anywhere--period--"you're a trainwreck waiting"--I am following the recommendations. Another told me " you are one fall or slip on the ice" away from being paralized for life (the result of over 400 parachute jumps). It don't make sense. Can't draw unemployment either-- and to add insult to injury no state will accept me as a resident--go figure. I know I am one of THOUSANDS in the same shape. I don't even know if I'll get anything--but it sure would be nice to know in a timely manner so I can pursue other options--if I have to go to work somewhere then I must-but if I dont follow VA medical opinion then I am "non-conformant"---blows my mind---the Gov't NEVER waited on me--EVER