VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Used The New, Have Your Claim Decided On Feature On Ebennies

Rate this question

Navy04

Question

Has anyone used the "Have your claim decided on" feature on Ebenefits site. As you all know my claim was at the Prep for Decision phase for the last month, then the other day it went back to Gathering of Evidence. Well the Ft Worth VA called today and scheduled a couple of C&Ps at the Ft Worth and Dallas VAs. I have Uploaded, Mailed and Faxed all the Medical Evidence more than once, and I am tired of these idiots. My last two FDC claims I had a couple of bad C&Ps, as either the Docs would not even look at me and hardly talk, or accept my Evidence. These Damn exams are driving me crazy, and I don't feel like driving over 200 and 300 miles round trip to each exam. I am thinking of using this feature in the next few days. As long as the VA grants SC on a few conditions, then I will fight the rest 1 condition at a time from hear out. What do you guys think? Thanks again and hope you have a good week.

I decided to finally Click the Decide case now as my claim has been in the Prep for Decision phase for close to 7 weeks with no movement. I just checked my claim status and it still says Prep for Decision. Yet when I checked my Benefits Summary Letter it now says scheduled for Review on March 2018, whereas before it said Review Feb 2016. So I cant see what was granted, denied or increased yet, but looks like I will Continue 100% Temporary for another 3 years added to the current 2 years that I have had the ratings. I just don't get it, I have more high %s then I have ever seen on here, or with the Vets that I help daily, yet the VA is going to continue to control me. Man am I tired of this crap. Good luck and God Bless!!!! Keep us posted

I did it on my current claim and received the standard letter that they were sorry it was taking so long and please be patient while they work on my claim letter.

I initiated an FDC on 20140811 and actually filed it 20150220. I did click the make a decision button and they approved an increase of my ptsd from 50% to 70% due to two secondary conditions caused by my SC PTSD totaling 80% with my two others. They also deferred my claim for migraines, sensitivity to light and a tbi. Compared to my initial claim which took 2yrs this was much better. They also scheduled me for three C&P exams with VES less than a month after I submitted my claim so for me the FDC and saying make a decision helped greatly.

Now on the VA website it says you'll get back payed from the date you initiate the claim up to a year whether its an initial claim, or supplementary yet some sites I've seen say it only applies to new initial claims. Anyone know which it actually is.

Also It shows my effective date being 20150220 as when they did my increase yet both my march and april payments were at my old 60%. Will they simply include the back pay for those two months along with the other months this coming month(may which conveniently is my birthday...)

Glad to see it worked for you. As far as your back pay, it does not go back to when you filed. If a claim for an increase in a SC Condition is granted, then that increased pay will kick in following month after claim is completed. So if you claim completed say Feb 23 2015, then your effective increased pay would kick in Mar 1 2015. Only new conditions are granted Retro to when the claim was filed. I still have not heard anything, after pushing the button, even though it has only been a few days.