VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Has A New Pain Management Treatment

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

After raising hell about no treatment for pain in pain-management other than injections

in the bones seems as though or was told a program is started in Tampa for Empower

Veteran or something that last 10 weeks at 3 hours one day a week to help cope with pain

retrain your mind to handle pain and depression suppose to help live a better quality of life.

Only one clinic that takes maybe 100 people will get approve for so far . I was ask would I like to try and my

reply was why not nothing else worked so far. Anyone in Tampa area tried this. Will have the exact

name later for the program but it is just getting started in Atlanta area . I never turn down pain treatments. jmho

everything I do I try to help the next person or make it easier in claims process or

getting the proper treatment for pain. I have the negative opinion to offer just to make you

get what's needed to get your claim approve. I only tell what's been told to me about this

new pain management treatment. They are just beginning to start this .I hope it could help you the Vets

From what I was told they offer Mental, physical therapy, relaxation therapy that might help narcotic

are on the way out. Try it I was approve for acupuncture and chiropractic today no co-pay

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It's good to see the VA trying new things. For ages, they were dead set against chiropractic or accupuncture treatment. I guess with the VA becoming anal retentive about opiates or advanced pain management, they had no choice but to try to embrace new age solutions.

Knowing this program is out there, I am going to contact my PCP and see if there is one at my VAMC. The last time I was referred to pain management, they literally ignored me, cancelled my appointment, and left me sitting in the waiting room until the clinic closed. I hope I get results this time.

Vync, from what I been told they have everything social workers, mental , chaplain , pharmacy

a complete team of doctors mental, physical, sleep doctors, that is suppose to help with chronic pain

and dealing with it to have a better quality of life. It just this one in Atlanta is in the C&P compensation clinic on FT MCPEARSON

Breathe 2 relax and CBT i coach are smart phone apps that VA has made to help with sleep disturbance.

After talking to a few in the Jan class they seem to like it and it seem to be helping with chronic pain and enjoying life better

I have tried VA s ,,Healing Touch and Accupunture. I have been trying to get them to do trigger point injections which they are going to do and I have been trying to get them to fee base chiropractic care that they are fighting me on.

everything I do I try to help the next person or make it easier in claims process or

getting the proper treatment for pain. I have the negative opinion to offer just to make you

get what's needed to get your claim approve. I only tell what's been told to me about this

new pain management treatment. They are just beginning to start this .I hope it could help you the Vets

From what I was told they offer Mental, physical therapy, relaxation therapy that might help narcotic

are on the way out. Try it I was approve for acupuncture and chiropractic today no co-pay

Edited by ArNG11

I have tried VA s ,,Healing Touch and Accupunture. I have been trying to get them to do trigger point injections which they are going to do and I have been trying to get them to fee base chiropractic care that they are fighting me on.

These guys has the power to get you the proper treatment and they want your feed back on what to

make it better for you I just opposite of you I had injections for about 4-5 years they hurt to bad

for me no more deep injections for me. I was told if it at your VA just ask to be referred to it.

Empowered Veterans Program. Right now its in Tampa & Atlanta anyone in Atlanta va that

you like to try this I have a # to call to explain it better. This class starts 2-10-15 the Doctor

heading it is from Emory

Edited by RUREADY