VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Has A New Pain Management Treatment

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

After raising hell about no treatment for pain in pain-management other than injections

in the bones seems as though or was told a program is started in Tampa for Empower

Veteran or something that last 10 weeks at 3 hours one day a week to help cope with pain

retrain your mind to handle pain and depression suppose to help live a better quality of life.

Only one clinic that takes maybe 100 people will get approve for so far . I was ask would I like to try and my

reply was why not nothing else worked so far. Anyone in Tampa area tried this. Will have the exact

name later for the program but it is just getting started in Atlanta area . I never turn down pain treatments. jmho

I have had numerous injections in my back. Even had the VA paying (fee basis) for Chiropractic care, but then the big wigs at the (VA) hospital by me, came out and said NO MORE CHIROPRACTIC care it is making my back worse. The ONLY thing that really helps is chiro....PT makes it so I cannot make it through a day of work. Shots kinda help.

For people that have to deal with pain on a constant basis there is no one perfect solution. I've found at least in my experience and case a multifaceted approach makes my quality of life better. It's not perfect by no means and I have my good and bad days but it helps.

For people that have to deal with pain on a constant basis there is no one perfect solution. I've found at least in my experience and case a multifaceted approach makes my quality of life better. It's not perfect by no means and I have my good and bad days but it helps.

just an update finally had my appointment for acupunctures nothing like VA

acupuncture treatment. This guy who I never seen before check my pluses

in my wrist and told me everything that's wrong or what I'm getting treated for.

It kind of scared me at first, how this guy know I cant sleep at night, poor blood

circulation, heart disease, my spiritual life, depression and I was worrying about

something all from a simple pulse check amaze me. VA run CT scans, X-rays Mri's

cant tell me nothing nor can they find anything wrong think I'm faking sometimes.lol

Good thing is he says he can treat all my problem but it will take a while from all the damage

to my back. If you try it shop around until you find one who is ASIAN with martials arts in their

background who been practicing in CHINA also in the USA with degrees to treat in his field.

I felt relief before I got out the office but everybody is not the same. These guys or ladies are

good at what they do. jmho

Im glad you got some relief. I myself have been trying for years and I have learned not to put my eggs in one basket. I tried the acupuncture and it worked for a while not going to deny that. I'm a way far gone to be able to use just one method. I had 5 trigger point injections last visit with the VA acupuncture, a chiropractor visit last week and a medial branch block in the thoracic area of my spine today t5-t9, I think was todays attack. I can't say I'm feeling all that hot. My next approach is a rhizotomy in the thoracic areas of pain.

But with the VA this past year or so I have tried Healing Touch, VA physical therapy, VA Acupuncture, and VA trigger point injections. They help some but it is short lived in my case. They still are lallygagging on the Spine Hospital in Houston.