VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status

Rate this question

sub night stalker

Question

Details about your BVA Appeal received on 01/26/2015

• Local VA Office of Jurisdiction: Chicago, IL
  • Power of Attorney: T - Attorney
  • Current Progress: Administrative Case Processing
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA and is currently being processed by administrative personnel and will be assigned to a Veterans Law Judge. Please note that, by law, BVA considers appeals in the order in which they are entered on the docket. Your docket number is based on the date of your appeal to BVA, and this number reserves your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA. Because BVA receives tens of thousands of appeals per year, you may have to wait some time before a Veterans Law Judge issues a decision on your appeal. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Timeline of Your Appeal
Date of Progress Progress Progress Office 02/01/2008 Local VA Office Decision RO 06/02/2008 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 01/26/2009 Appeal Pending RO Show All Items You have 7 additional items not currently displayed.
What Have We Received at BVA
Date Received Item Received 12/16/2014 Correspondence Received

If you submit any evidence directly to BVA and do not want BVA to remand the case (i.e. send it back) to the local VA office to consider this evidence first, you must send us a waiver. For additional information about waivers, please refer to FAQs.

Where should you send what BVA needs? Board of Veterans' Appeals

810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.

Washington, DC 20420

or fax to: 202-632-5843

What the hell does this mean? I got a package from the V.A. nov 2014 stating I have been approved from 70% to 100%. my pay was to start on Jan 1 ,2015. I have recieved NOTHING!! every time I call the v.a. they give me a different answer. and get this....me and my bank have to get assured bonded for 200,000 each!! I called a bond place 1800.00 for both bonds. my bank and the bonding people have ever heard of this bonding shit. my PTSD claim will hit its 8 year mark this April.

Well the good news is, Big Time Reto Eagle is about to Fly! What does your Appeal Attorney say? He should be familiar with all the rules, right. When you stop an think about it, the Surety Bond is only for your protection. Cost $1800, not even 1% of your Retro, better safe than sorry. Be thankful none of your Dr's stepped on your Johnson and indicated something that would have triggered the VA appointing a Fiduciary to protect your $$$$. That would definitely take the wind out of your sail!

Alls well that ends well, even after 8 years. Live Long and Prosper.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure on the Bonds? only a wild guess but I would think it has something to do with the FIDC Most banks only insure up to 100.000.00

I had the same problem once long ago.

While at the BVA, for SC death under one basis, I won 1151 SC death at the RO under a different basis.

I should have withdrawn the appeal promptly but did know how to do that then.

I suggest, since you have the award letter, to contact the BVA and withdraw the appeal.

This is the main BVA phone number:
1- 202- 565- 5436

Also this is the email for the BVA ombudsman:

bva.ombudsman@va.gov

"me and my bank have to get assured bonded for 200,000 each!! I called a bond place 1800.00 for both bonds. my bank and the bonding people have ever heard of this bonding shit. my PTSD claim will hit its 8 year mark this April.

I received a lot more than that , on my FTCA settlement and sure had no problem with my bank.

Do you have documented info from VA on this bonding BS?

I have never heard of anything like that.

Edited by Berta

Bad thing, I only make just over 1500.00 a month, so if I put 50.00 aside per month, I should be able to get the bond in about 2 years......oooops forgot to put in my question that The V.A. has put a family member to take care of my affairs. My credit union is insured for each account for 250,000. I had them send the proper paper work for the insurance to the Fiduciary office in milwaukee last week.

weird thing when I got 70% back in 2011 they never mentioned the bonds.

do you guys know what time frame I am looking at to get this back pay? I just pray the v.a dont loose my paper work like they did 2 times before.....

OK...you need a fiduciary.....

now it makes sense:

https://www.suretybonds.com/va-fiduciary-bond.html

Years ago the VA was appointing felons as fiduciaries and also some non felon fiduciaries made a mess out of veteran's compensation

It was quite a scandal at the time.

But this is one way of protecting your compensation funds. I assume your fiduciary is not a spouse.

Actually the bond is to insure them, not you ,as I understand this.

I made a point here a few times in the PTSD forum that bears repeating.

Vets can no longer depend on a PTSD diagnosis from a non VA MH provider.

However many vets with PTSD established, can get an IMO to support higher rating of their PTSD and/or TDIU claims.

If a vet gets that type of IMO ,the IMO doctor should make a strong statement that the veteran can manage their own funds.

The IMO doc can refer to evidence of this, such as no bank overdrafts, and some bills, rental receipts etc etc that were paid promptly by the veteran.

It really POes me that a vet can have 10% or 30 % or 50% PTSD but when they hit 70& and TDIU ,at that point, the VA suddenly thinks they might be incompetent.

Then again I have a good friend who needed his wife to be his fiduciary when he won almost a quarter of a million on a Bi Polar claim I helped him with. A BVA award.

He went from no SC to 100% P & T SC for bi polar.

In his case (and he certainly agreed), the fiduciary agreement was proper He wanted to take me to lunch after the award came...but the lunch would at a restaurant in Ireland......he suggested that while in a mania state of mind.

Sometimes this incompetence idea is a good one that protects veterans.

But VA incompetence only applies to VA money and it sure does not mean some distant relative can come along and try to get your assets.

Stalker: Sorry to hear about the Fudiciary, hope it's a trustworty relative. Trust but verify everything! It's amazing how large amounts of money seem to bring out the worst in people, especialy relatives.

When the VA wanted to appoint a fudiciay for my terminaly ill brother-inlaw, he went nuts. He'd been paying all his own bills. At the Fudiciaqry inhome consult, the VA Representative agree to alow his sister to assist him and only monitor his checking account on a monthly basis. That worked for the best, we found out he was occasionaly writing checksw to his X Wife for $800.00 to take care of their dogs. Sooooooooo, in the end, he really did need someone taking care of his money. Just be sure your not using a Joint Bank Account, the fudiciary takes control of the entire account.

Semper Fi

Gastone