VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status

Rate this question

sub night stalker

Question

Details about your BVA Appeal received on 01/26/2015

• Local VA Office of Jurisdiction: Chicago, IL
  • Power of Attorney: T - Attorney
  • Current Progress: Administrative Case Processing
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA and is currently being processed by administrative personnel and will be assigned to a Veterans Law Judge. Please note that, by law, BVA considers appeals in the order in which they are entered on the docket. Your docket number is based on the date of your appeal to BVA, and this number reserves your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA. Because BVA receives tens of thousands of appeals per year, you may have to wait some time before a Veterans Law Judge issues a decision on your appeal. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Timeline of Your Appeal
Date of Progress Progress Progress Office 02/01/2008 Local VA Office Decision RO 06/02/2008 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 01/26/2009 Appeal Pending RO Show All Items You have 7 additional items not currently displayed.
What Have We Received at BVA
Date Received Item Received 12/16/2014 Correspondence Received

If you submit any evidence directly to BVA and do not want BVA to remand the case (i.e. send it back) to the local VA office to consider this evidence first, you must send us a waiver. For additional information about waivers, please refer to FAQs.

Where should you send what BVA needs? Board of Veterans' Appeals

810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.

Washington, DC 20420

or fax to: 202-632-5843

What the hell does this mean? I got a package from the V.A. nov 2014 stating I have been approved from 70% to 100%. my pay was to start on Jan 1 ,2015. I have recieved NOTHING!! every time I call the v.a. they give me a different answer. and get this....me and my bank have to get assured bonded for 200,000 each!! I called a bond place 1800.00 for both bonds. my bank and the bonding people have ever heard of this bonding shit. my PTSD claim will hit its 8 year mark this April.

Sorry to hear of your issues bud, as we are all here for you. It sounds like you will be in great hands very soon. Just try to hold out and see what happens. Definitely take what Berta says as gold and go from there. God Bless and keep us posted. Good LUck

• HadIt.com Elder

Stalker: Sorry to hear about the Fudiciary, hope it's a trustworty relative. Trust but verify everything! It's amazing how large amounts of money seem to bring out the worst in people, especialy relatives.

When the VA wanted to appoint a fiduciary for my terminally ill brother-in-law, he went nuts. He'd been paying all his own bills. At the Fiduciary in-home consult, the VA Representative agree to alow his sister to assist him and only monitor his checking account on a monthly basis. That worked for the best, we found out he was occasionally writing checks to his X Wife for $800.00 to take care of their dogs. Sooooooooo, in the end, he really did need someone taking care of his money. Just be sure your not using a Joint Bank Account, the fudiciary takes control of the entire account.

Semper Fi

Gastone

"Just be sure your not using a Joint Bank Account"

Actually, I'd recommend that a totally separate account be setup for the express purpose of receiving VA payments only. Further, that any money in this account be limited to two month's payments.

When appropriate, use or transfer funds to stay within this limit. There is no reason to make things easy for a "takeover" by a VA fiduciary.

Edited by Chuck75

Stalker: Your kinda past the Fiduciary Defensive moves, you already have the Fiduciary in place, Right. If that's the case, think about keeping an eye on everything. Your CU or Bank will send you TXT or Emails, detailing every transaction initiated, in real time. Just let everybody know your still on the ball and keeping an eye on your $$.

You may or may not want to contact an Elder Law Attorney. Setting up a "Revocable Trust" might be a prudent thing to do. What happens if your Fiduciary "Your Relative" becomes incapacitated or dies? Time to start thinking long game here. You may have thoughts regarding who gets what & when, after you take the dirt nap. Could help keep your Estate out of Probate. You can change your trust on the run at any time you choose. Your current Fiduciary "Family member" could be your primary Trustee, and you could name a few successor trustees. State trust laws help keep the Trustee on the square and give the Trusts Beneficiary's specific legal rights.

Semper Fi

Gastone

I had no idea that VA has this Bond policy in place.

I sure learned from this post.

Maybe this would be a good subject for a blog radio show and better yet, with someone from VA who can explain it.

I assume it does not apply to any spouse ,picked as the fiduciary.

Berta I just called the number you gave me for my claim and they told me its for my knees only I have been approved for PTSD and the v.a. is messing with me and my claim.

I didnt realise this was a fiduciary issue when I gave the BVA contact info.to you. Sorry.

Did you try to contact anyone via the link I gave you on VA Surety Bonds?

https://www.suretybonds.com/va-fiduciary-bond.html

Actually I think the fiduciary should contact them. They are the one required to be bonded, as I understand this.