VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status

Rate this question

sub night stalker

Question

Details about your BVA Appeal received on 01/26/2015

• Local VA Office of Jurisdiction: Chicago, IL
  • Power of Attorney: T - Attorney
  • Current Progress: Administrative Case Processing
  • Current Progress Description: Your case has been received at BVA and is currently being processed by administrative personnel and will be assigned to a Veterans Law Judge. Please note that, by law, BVA considers appeals in the order in which they are entered on the docket. Your docket number is based on the date of your appeal to BVA, and this number reserves your place in the line of cases to be decided by BVA. Because BVA receives tens of thousands of appeals per year, you may have to wait some time before a Veterans Law Judge issues a decision on your appeal. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Timeline of Your Appeal
Date of Progress Progress Progress Office 02/01/2008 Local VA Office Decision RO 06/02/2008 Notice of Disagreement (NOD) RO 01/26/2009 Appeal Pending RO Show All Items You have 7 additional items not currently displayed.
What Have We Received at BVA
Date Received Item Received 12/16/2014 Correspondence Received

If you submit any evidence directly to BVA and do not want BVA to remand the case (i.e. send it back) to the local VA office to consider this evidence first, you must send us a waiver. For additional information about waivers, please refer to FAQs.

Where should you send what BVA needs? Board of Veterans' Appeals

810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.

Washington, DC 20420

or fax to: 202-632-5843

What the hell does this mean? I got a package from the V.A. nov 2014 stating I have been approved from 70% to 100%. my pay was to start on Jan 1 ,2015. I have recieved NOTHING!! every time I call the v.a. they give me a different answer. and get this....me and my bank have to get assured bonded for 200,000 each!! I called a bond place 1800.00 for both bonds. my bank and the bonding people have ever heard of this bonding shit. my PTSD claim will hit its 8 year mark this April.

Seems someone is missing the boat here. My understanding is you have an attorney. Why on earth would you be running around behind his back closing out claims at the BVA without input from him? When you seek advice here, be sure you provide all the necessary information to the folks who are going to opine on your situation. Even then, when represented, you should be contacting him and discussing the advice proffered rather than taking unilateral action that may irreparably harm your a) claims, b) standing and c) order of docketing. If you close out a claim at the BVA, there is no going back and saying "Shoot, the guy on Hadit told me to pull the plug but now I see what's up. Please reinstate the appeal." The BVA will politely tell you to make a u-turn to the VARO and refile it again. That can mean another 4 year delay-if, and only if- you have new and material evidence available to submit to reopen it.

Claims are volatile and require a lot of thought. Think long and hard before you ever hit delete. Hell, for that matter, think long and hard about any filing with the VA. You hired an attorney(I presume). Why try to micromanage something you are unfamiliar with?

Onwards through the VA Fog.

GREAT NEW GANG A V.A. FIELD AGENT IS COMING TO MY HOUSE THIS WEEK!! I TOLD HIM WHAT WAS GOING ON, AND HE DID MORE IN 24 HOURS THAN MY LAWYER HAS DONE IN 7 YEARS!!! im thinking about firing my lawyer, she doesnt have an acount set up with the v.a. I have to mail a check to her. the v.a. rep will explain that to me this week.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP.....I was close to doing something stupid, but a picture of my kids I have by my meds stopped me and you guys had my thinking good stuff! THANK YOU!

P.S. my custodian has to get bonded still, we have our ducks in a row, just waiting for the paper work to come in the mail from the v.a. fiduciary dept.

former bubblehead / special ops soldier popping green smoke, cause im outta here! THANKS AND GOD BLESS

There you go! All's well, that ends well! This IS your HAPPY ENDING!

Semper Fi

Gastone