VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

President Obama Healthcare Law Goes Into Effect Feb15Th

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anyone have any suggestions about a reasonable health care provider?

We are trying to find a good reasonable insurance provider for my spouse she is 60 and does not qualify for Medicare, & I will just trust & use the VA for my health care

My spouse has ChampVA but we found most health care providers will not accept ChampVA as primary insurance.

We check out a healthcare provider '' Baylor Health Care'' here in Dallas and they told us that they do not accept ChampVA, Although they accept medicare/medicade!

We ask them to call ChampVA about electronic billing but the lady said there contratact aggrement says we have to have a second insurance with ChampVA, because on my spouse ChampVA-ID card it says Medicade?

So were asking if anyone knows what we can do? we can't afford a high premium! anything over 100 bucks month.

We have to be careful because so many health providers have insurance at low rates but most wont cover my spouse health conditions HBP & Fibro and degenerative bone desease as well as ostoperoisis and Arthritis.

Thanks for your help.

Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

georgiapapa,

We was looking at some supplemental insurance that Ms Berta mention!

AMRP ChampVA Supplement Plan it is 76.67 monthly or 920 Annual.

Most all the Supplement IP we have looked at all have the claus of waiting 6 months on paying for the pre medical condition & this plan has it too

we came across this AMRP Supplement Plan for 100% veterans and their familys...If I read it right will pay the 25% & ChampVA pays 75%

not sure what the deductible ison this plan? but has a 25.00 yearly fee.

ChampVA is 50.00

IF you have time look this plan up and let me know what you think? AMRP ChampVA Supplement Plan.....its for 100%vertrans and their family's.

what is your opinion buddy?

Buck,

I think the Champva supplemental plan with AMRA is probably as good as any you will find. You will have an annual $25.00 AMRA membership to qualify for the Chamva supplemental coverage. You can get a 3 year membership for $65.00. You will also have the $76.67 monthly premium for the supplemental insurance.

In regards to deductibles, your wife will have an annual $50.00 deductible with Champva and $250.00 per year deductible with the supplemental plan. After the 6 month exclusion for preexisting conditions, Champva would pay 75% and the supplemental policy would pay 25% for all medical treatment after your wife meets her annual deductible requirements. Prior to the 6 months, they would pay 75/25 for non preexisting conditions as soon as her coverage starts and after she meets her annual deductible requirements.

With your wife's current medical problems, you need to go ahead and get her a supplemental policy and start the clock on the 6 month preexisting condition exclusion. After the 6 month period, you would not have to worry about your finances being wiped out due to treatment for your wife's preexisting conditions. She could maintain the supplemental policy until she meets the requirements for Medicare coverage under SSDI or when she becomes 65, whichever occurs first. Once she has Medicare and Champva, she will have the best and most affordable coverage available in my opinion.

If my wife and I were in your situation, I would go ahead and join AMRA and get the supplemental policy ASAP. Let me know what you decide.

Good luck to you and your wife.

• HadIt.com Elder

ok I sure will,

I'll ask her to call them tomorrow...this plan sounded pretty good to me too!

Thanks georgiapapa.

We are the elders in the family now & I didn't have anyone to ask, I have a neighbor that has a supplemental insurance from where he use to work for 40 years but he don't let us know to much about it for some reason?

Thank God For Hadit. and the good folks like you.

Thanks Buddy

You are welcome.

• HadIt.com Elder

Champ VA will talk to the providers on your behalf. They pay electronically so it should not much of an issue.

Here is Glen Johnson's show from last week. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2015/01/21/special-treat-for-all-hadit-veterans-who-have-or-will-be-getting-champva-insuran

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Jbasser,

we ask them to call ChampVA (Baylor Health Care) if its the issues of filing a claim eletronically as they do Bill Medicare electronically also, we even said so does ChampVA... the lady said that they don't accept champva even if we had a supplement insurance, said they can't file because champva is secondary to most other insurers and champva is primary to medicade.???

We went there because they accept medicare, and champva is a sister to medicare sort-speak!

I am sure its just a misunderstanding but they told us no....so were trying to get some supplement insurance for the IP (insurance providers) that will accept ChampVA

Edited by Buck52