VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Previous Employers

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

I noticed on my claim that they have sent out some form to my previous employers. One filled it out and gave ti to me to submit, which I did. The other employer which I left on bad terms with is also knowledgeable about the VA process and have stated before in person the last time they got the form that they were going to fill it out to get me denied. Any way to have the VA not send them a form to fill out? Kind of concerned that they will do anything to screw me over since I won a EOE suit against them for purposefully not promoting veterans with disabilities.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

lcurle,

If you have already won an EEO suit against them, especially when your EEO complaint involved veterans with disabilities, they would be foolish to try to screw you over. JMO

Georgiapapa

The Company don't have the balls to pull that crap a second time, I assure you that bud. It will only hurt them in the future. Don't worry for now and just wait and see what happens. God Bless and good luck.

Yeah I had them in writing say that until my PTSD gets better I would not advance in the company. That's when the fun started and was basically forced to quit for my sanity.

Those employers like that Suck the big one. I worked for the Coast Guard (civilian) and they were hiring the non-veteran sons of previous employees (coast guard brats) over disabled veterans. I'm glad you're out of that place Icurle, I can totally relate.

When my deceased husband filed an EEOC case against VA, (they had discriminated against him and 12 other Part Time vets (most SC disabled)employed with same VA on the job experience as well, for the same full time position,but instead hired a civilian, non disabled person with NO experience in the type of position, because she knew their head cook as I found out when under FOIA the VA sent me every job application, SSA numbers and names etc violating privacy rights) , and suddenly his satisfactory performance appraisals, were combatted with negative testimony from some of his co workers to the EEOC.

His supervisor said he would act crazy on the job and others said he made many errors reading menus and diet cards.

(But this was never noted in his performance appraisals.

(This also came under my FOIA to the EEOC)

That EEOC crap became very instrumental in his 100% P & T PTSD award as well as even in my AO DMII death claim.

This was not the ADA EEOC case he won.

During the EEOC deposition, (I got a copy of it on tape via EEOC FOIA )in spite of all the stuff I had gone over with him, to support his case, he messed up on one question...the most important one of all.

I winced as the EEOC person then leaned back and broadly smiled. I knew he had lost the case with his statement. Unfortunately, for all of their bitching about the job discrimination, not a single other adversely affected vet would file an EEOC case as well.

Still, documentation can work against the VA as well as for them, depending on how it is used.