VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Healthcare?

Rate this topic

Last Thursday afternoon I had a Heart attack at Target ( I did not know it then).

Friday morning I went to the ER with chest pains etc. They were non believing until while connected to the EKG machine I had another "event". All of a sudden I was surrounded by cute young girls and whisked away to Surgery.

I had a 100% blockage which they fixed with a STENT ( I think that spells it).
Came home on Monday AM.

Everything happened so fast I had no time to notify anyone. I feel much better now, with NO pain or side effects at all.

Question; Why did the VA not catch this? I complained for years about my left arm and shortness of breath. They never did an EKG, or Sonogram or anything to check it out. My BP was ALWAYS 250/189 or near that. Now it stays around 150/80 I wonder why...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure why the VA did not catch this?

I Know some VAMC are certainly different when it comes to a veteran health.

If this ever happens again seek the administrator of the hospital or Patient Advacate LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU WAS TREATED OR NO TEST WAS PERFORMED after YOU INFORMED THEM OF YOUR SYMTOMS or if you have time check with a different VAMC

This makes me not trust the VA, for my healthcare

Edited by Buck52

usdart,

If you can afford to do so, consider using private healthcare or only use VA healthcare for prescriptions, eyeglasses, hearing aids and dental. I would not trust them with anything that could potentially be life threatening.

I currently have 3 stents and a pacemaker. Two stents in my LAD in September 2012 and another stent in my RDA two months later in November 2012.

I noticed you are already 100%. Are you currently service connected for AO presumptive IHD as result of service in Vietnam?

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Georgiapapa.

What is AO and IHD?

I am 100% total and permanent now. Does not 100% mean I get free care for anything at all.

Do I have to be rated if I lets say, break a leg?

AO is Agent Orange. IHD is Ischemic Heart Disease. CAD or Coronary Artery Disease is considered to be a form of IHD. CAD usually results in blockages in the heart like the kind you had requiring the stent. Your cardiologist's reports probably make reference to your CAD. If you served on the ground in Vietnam, you are presumed to have been exposed to AO defoilage. Veterans who develop certain diseases, including IHD, and served on the ground in Vietnam become eligible for disability compensation.

To file a claim for an AO presumptive disease such as IHD would only require proof of two things:

Your service on the ground in Vietnam.

Your diagnosis of IHD (CAD, etc.).

You do not have to prove a connection between your IHD and your military service in Viet Nam. It is presumed.

Although you already receive 100% disability compensation, you could possibly receive additional compensation due to your new IHD claim.

Yes, your current 100% P & T rating means you can receive free care for any medical condition at a VA medical facility.

• HadIt.com Elder

US Dart the VA should pay for your emergency care and treatment. Contact Fee Service and ask them what you need to do. Call the 800 number on a VA prescription bottle and when othey start talking hit 0 than ask for fee service.

Good L:uck