VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Do Veterans Have Any Rights Under The Constitution?

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi,

As most of you know that my claims file has left the AMC to go back to the two psychiatrist, who did the hynpnotic and slanderous lies in the last C&P.

I called the medical center and my claims file is there for the new opinion?

Am I allowed to be present during this review?

What assurance, if any, do I have that they will not turn around and write a slanderous lying opinion?

Trully the C&P is full of lies. Ones that I can prove.

If the the BVA didn't believe me, I don't think that they would be sending it back to them for a new opinion.

The AMC stated this morning, that they use the last physical to make their decision as to service connection???

I called my rep this morning and he didn't even know who I was. Stated that he represents 6 organizations.'

Can you change Reps this late in the game?

This guy surely has no clue as to what my claim is about.

He just said, we would have to wait until the opinion comes through and if it is the same. He would receive another remand to fill out a form 646.

What in the heck is he talking about?

If two psychiatrist were reviewing your claims file, as remanded by the BVa, would you trust the two psychiatrist to do any thing any better than previoulsy.

I would like to be present, as it has been approximately 18 months since that C&P was done, definitely under hypnosis.

I should have some say in this. Does the Veteran stay in the dark through - out the complete process?

My form 9 was turned in to the BVA by the Virginia office November 2004, before I had my first C&P and then transferred when the first C&P came in for rating.

Who has jurisdiction over your claim once you fill out a form 9.

After I filled out my form 9, I had two C&P's and it was two years later, before the DRO finally made a decision to deny me.

Thanks again,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No matter where your claim is you can always request a Hearing and in my experience the VA usually accomodates this request in a pretty short time.

To date I have not seen much that AMC has accomplished except to remand back to the VARO. AMC appears to be another place to hold claims.

Before you do anything you should carefully consider consequences. Many here had to wait a long time to win our claims. I know it is very frustrating but no matter what don't give up.

Good Luck

A 646 is what the vet rep will send to the VA in support of your claim if they deny you benefits again.

Hypnosis- only a qualified hypnotherapist can hypnotise a VA patient.

They usually always tape the sessions.

My husband had extensive hypnotherapy sessions with a highly qualified VA PTSD psychiatrist.

He also gave Rod some of the tapes.

It took quite some time before Rod would agree to it however-but once he trusted the doctor ( an incountry Vietnam veteran) he was able to accept the hypnosis and these sessions helped him to sleep much better. He remembered what went on in all of them.

It would be highly unethical and almost impossible to hypnotise someone without their knowledge and willingness.

If this doctor claimed her negative C & P findings for your claim were from a hypnotic session, she would sure have to prove that this actually occurred and that she was fully qualified to perform hypnosis.

• HadIt.com Elder
A 646 is what the vet rep will send to the VA in support of your claim if they deny you benefits again.

Hypnosis- only a qualified hypnotherapist can hypnotise a VA patient.

They usually always tape the sessions.

My husband had extensive hypnotherapy sessions with a highly qualified VA PTSD psychiatrist.

He also gave Rod some of the tapes.

It took quite some time before Rod would agree to it however-but once he trusted the doctor ( an incountry Vietnam veteran) he was able to accept the hypnosis and these sessions helped him to sleep much better. He remembered what went on in all of them.

It would be highly unethical and almost impossible to hypnotise someone without their knowledge and willingness.

If this doctor claimed her negative C & P findings for your claim were from a hypnotic session, she would sure have to prove that this actually occurred and that she was fully qualified to perform hypnosis.

Berta,

Let's assume that my nerves, just got the best of me. I had the session, with no recollection, of what went on in the room, to the extent that I had to see the staff nurse, as I couldn't even remember the examination.

Three phone calls placed to the male doctor, who said that I would remember what he looked like in about 3 days.

Telephone call placed the next day from the nurse to see if I was feeling any better.

When I entered the room, as they would not allow my husband to be present. Why? What harm could her do? I noticed the strangest seating arrangement. It certainly wasn't a conference table and the lady shrink did not open her mouth not one time during the complete session. I spend 3 days trying to fiqure out what was said and done in that room. Some things I remember and some things are like a dream.

Any reason, why she chose not to speak?

We can assume again that it was not hypnosis. Why did the male doctor refuse to sign the C&P and why did she attack my character. Why did she change all of my military and private medical records?

Why would she wish to do this?

If you were with your husband for his hypnotic sessions, did they use the old watch and lay him on a bed routine?

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

I am sorry- I thought this doctor was basing her negative C & P reports on her hypnosis records of you.

I just felt you could challenge that.

I misunderstood this and I apologise.

I have been hypnotized myself many times and it certainly isnt the dangling watch routine.It was nothing like what I expected at all.

I just felt that you could attempt to knock down her opinion -if she tried to say her negative comments came from putting you under hypnosis.

• HadIt.com Elder
I am sorry- I thought this doctor was basing her negative C & P reports on her hypnosis records of you.

I just felt you could challenge that.

I misunderstood this and I apologise.

I have been hypnotized myself many times and it certainly isnt the dangling watch routine.It was nothing like what I expected at all.

I just felt that you could attempt to knock down her opinion -if she tried to say her negative comments came from putting you under hypnosis.

Berta,

No need for an appology. I know that my claims file is down on the desk of the psychiatrist, the male that refused to sign it.

The BVA is doing a full investigation of this C&P.

The male is the only one in the room that did any talking and we were sitting to where I could only see her. She was sitting to my opposite corner and he was sitting to the far left side. Anytime that I wanted to see him, I had to turn around in the seat.

His voice always came from where I could never see it.

The trance or hypnosis is a violation of the C&P. He certainly would never say that he did it, but I feel that I have given the BVA enough proof to prove this point.

Actually, what I do remember of the examination is not even written in the examination. This is the way he did things.

He always spoke in 3 or 4 words. He would say" Tell me about the pool"? " Tell me about Doris"?

"What about your dad"?

I can see myself saying to both of them. " You may think that I don't know who you are, but you are doctors for the Veterans Administration". I still don't know what they said to me, for me to say this.

When I left the office and ran back into the center to see the nurse, I was sure that I had had a stroke.

My daughters and my husband all three say the same things about me that day. They say I kept repeating" I will never have another C&P exam, for the money is not worth it". I do not remember saying any of this.

They say this went on until the next morning. My husband was frightened and called the make Psychaitrist 3 times that day and he said, I would start remembering what he looked like in about 3 days.

That lady psychiatrist never spoke a word in that room.

All I was asking, now that the claim is back with them for a new opinion, per the remand, to give a new opinion with complete rationale and to follow the records only, is it in my best interest to be present when they review the complete records. All of the records even down to the insurance bank.

Thanks Berta,

I sure hope that I didn't hurt your feelings.

I realize that this one is a hard one to prove, as my psychiatric records only surfaced 2 years ago, with my getting them from the archives. Before that each filing was not service connected. This all started in 1978 and the BVA wants to know " What was the real reason for my early discharge"?

Thanks,

Josephne

• HadIt.com Elder

No way could the VA do a C&P under hypnosis and have it valid. This just does not make sense.

This is the usual C&P situation as I have experienced it:

You meet the doctor and go into an office. He sits there looking at the medical notes and records. Then he asks you some questions about your symptoms, where you served, how you feel , blah blah. 15 mintues later he says OK I think I have enough and out you go.

Josephine, can you put your copy of the C&P exam on hadit and let us look at it to determine what the heck is going on with this thing? I have had some awful exams but they were never mysterious just inadequate.

The VA is incompetent but evil I don't think so. They are too dumb for that.