VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dev Letter Replied To But No "proof"

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

The new eBennies format looks promising but may have a built-in problem in my case. Since they don't show items uploaded before the 25th of January (2015), I have no way of knowing whether a response I sent to a dev letter was received.

The ones still open that said "Needed" in the description, I uploaded and already have a "Reviewed" notation (meaning VA received it).

The one I replied to remains open and I tried to re-upload my response but get an error message ("unknown upload error").

I'm almost certain I uploaded prior to the Jan 25th cutover, but eBennies doesn't know that. Should I tell VA to decide my claim or mail the reply and wait... and wait? :-)

3 answers to this question

I think, as long as your are not sitting idly by as your Appeals timer is counting down you should be okay for now. Personal opinion, Initial Claims filing are always the worst because that is when we have the least amount of information. Good luck

Also, EBennefits is CANCER, if its your only resource, try to find a good VSO, i.e. an Advocate who may be able to point you in a better direction.

Edited by Inarticulate&Distorted

• HadIt.com Elder

Be careful using a VSO that you don't know or very familiar with?

if you choose a VSO ask him about his experience in helping veterans  how many years experience and how many cases has he won or helped in...ect,,,ect,,,

Also if the VSO tells you something  like ''( ''I filed that yesterday'') Be sure and ask for all stamped dated copy of all forms or applications your VSO Files or tells you he filed..this is just to be sure  your VSO is on the up and up. and keep all copies of everything the VA sends you and what your VSO Sends the VA.

COPIES GET LOST and it cost veterans time and $$ and lots of stress.

Ask the VSO to always get confirmation on anything he sends in to or VA Received or use return mail receipts  try to get everything documented and date stamped.

Ask your VSO to request your C-FILE  one way to find out if you have a pretty good VSO  usually the first thing they do is request your C-file and medical records as well as STR'S

you may need all  this later on down the road.

Because Not having this may cause you years of Appeals.

Edited by Buck52