VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Today

Rate this question

r2rusmc

Question

So on Monday I got an appointment reminder call reminding me that I had four separate C&P appointments today. Four? Huh? I didn't know anything about them.

Fast forward to this morning. My first three where all with the same Doc and were pertaining to my lower back and neck issues. Total time about with him about 90 minutes or so. Next appointment was with a psychologist regarding PTSD. Two hours later she says I definitely have PTSD and severe depression related to my service. Lets me know that the report will probably be written up over the next day or so.

Here's hopes and prayers that it doesn't get lost on someones desk for a couple six months.

Glad you made it thru the exams, but sorry about the issues bud. I too have 4 days worth of exams over the next two weeks, along with a PTSD Review which was supposed to be Feb 16, WTH!!! God Bless and good luck. Keep us posted

"Therefore it is more likely than not that vet's current PTSD and depressive sx are related to the horrific ongoing abuse of her marriage, and not to a one-time incident during the military."

I'm still waiting for the results but on the eBenefit site, but since last Friday, it does say it is pending decision.

This past weekend while discussing this with a fellow Marine I was rereading the report from the Psych. While her wording on one particular incident really triggered me and pissed me off, overall her evaluation was favorable. Well not favorable that I'm a head case but favorable towards a reasonable rating So, I'm still hopeful for a favorable decision/rating.

I had also applied for unemployability since I was terminated from my government job because of one of my service connected issues, one that they knew about when they hired me. Well the VA sent my employer a request for salary info and job description four separate times since November and my employer, the USDA failed to respond each time. (Gee could it be because they know they screwed up?)

Anywho, the VA has changed the status of the most recent request to "No longer needed". Can I read into this to mean that with all my issues combined that I may very well be getting approved for unemployability OR that they anticipate my combined rating to reach 100%?

Any thoughts?

r2rusmc,

Start checking your "Benefit Summary Letter" under "Downloadable VA Letters" on ebenefits. Any change in your rating status is usually shown here before you actually receive notification from the VA.

Remember if your overall rating goes to 50% or higher, you will go into priority group one (1) and you are eligible to receive free VA healthcare and free VA prescriptions. No more copays. You are also entitled to reimbursement of any copays you paid for VA appointments and VA prescriptions back to the effective date when your rating reached the 50% or higher level.

Good luck to you.

Georgiapapa.