VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Exit Physical

Rate this question

ddj6969

Question

At my C&P this week it was brought up that there was no record of my claims in my exit physical. This is true as I did not say anything was wrong with me. I was told by fellows service members at the time that if I said anything was wrong with me they would not let me out until the issues were resolved. I could not stay in service as I had a job waiting for me.

The Dr. kind of smiled as if she had heard that before.

Just curious if it is true they will keep you in service?...and if anyone else said they were fine and they were not?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

you have a whole year to make claims that are almost just like if you were still in. tell them you put your duty before yourself, and didnt complain, now, your ready to take care of yourself.

this kind of attitude by CP examiners shows just how antagonistic they are. right off the bat, looking for a way to deny.

CANT THEY TAKE THE MANS WORD FOR IT?

The govt trusted this man to defend this great country, but assume he is a liar now???

Edited by 63SIERRA

Your service medical records would provide evidence of any disabilities even if you didn't "claim" them upon separation. Besides, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but at least in the exit physicals I've reviewed, there's an extensive checklist of what the examiner has examined, whether or not the veteran has asked for that particular part to be examined.

Your entrance physical is valuable evidence that you entered service in acceptable condition. Comparing that examination to your medical records when you were ready to separate, I would argue, trumps an exit physical that says you are in the same great shape you were in as when you signed up. In many instances, veterans never received exit physicals. In others, records of exit physicals aren't in the veteran's service medical records. If your claims are denied due to what's in an exit physical, you have your service medical records to back you up. That would be a significantly shallow foundation for a denial, in my opinion.

Of course, an exit physical that lists the disability is golden, but in too many instances, the disability hasn't developed well enough at that point to be measurable by VA rating criteria. Hypertension is a perfect example. Secondary effects of meds you take to control service connected illness or injury also sometimes take time to be measurable.

That, and as was previously stated, you have one year from your separation date for presumed service connection if the disability meets all other rating criteria.

there is an sf 93 and an sf 95.. one is self reported, that works with the other . it is like the examiner goes over the checklist, and comments on it.

many times only the front page of this front/back form gets copied.