VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice With This …Ssdi.

Rate this question

meltech29

Question

Hello All ….

I’m seeking advice with this …SSDI.

I’m a medically retired (PDRL) veteran from uncle sam misguided children. I have a service connected disability of 80% combined, 70% MDD and 10% Knee. I’ve been unemployed since 2008, I’m 59yrs old. I’ll be 60 this year.

Recently I filled for social security disability on 24 November 2014. I personally went to MY local SS office to fill my claim for MDD. I submitted my VA award letter, my C&P examination and letters from my psycho therapist (MHO) I’ve been going to her since 2012 on a biweekly frequency for treatments.

On 4 December 2014 I received the Function adult form and the Work history Form. I filled both of them out and sent them back including a MENTAL Residual Functional Capacity form from my psycho therapist.

From reading in the forum and also the internet, this is very scary to me. You have two federal agencies The VA and SS. And each one has there rules ….

I think I will get approve

I’ve paid into the system (social security) for over 38 years of my life. 6.2% out of every pay check. From talking with the SS representative he said he doesn’t think I’ll have a problem. But you never know. He said I would get 16k retro back pay, and $1337.00 a month.

In the meantime I’m still waiting on my appeal and my NOD from VA since March 2014.

What are you guys thoughts …Thanks …

I personally would like to THANK YOU GUYS for the Encouragement and thoughts. I've been here for sometime now. Reading and understanding the system. I started out with 30% in 2010, they have been days, i felt like giving up, exhausted and drained mentally. I was awarded 80% last year this time. I fell on my knees and sobbed and cried Thanking God. I was expecting 100%. I'm gracious and thankful for what was given to me, i get bitter at times what is truly owed to me. But i will continue to fight Thank you to ALL

Semperfi

Mel